Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can't install ActivePhone  (Read 25939 times)

gluasad

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can't install ActivePhone
« on: October 05, 2010, 10:27:42 PM »

Hi everyone, new here.

I just ordered and downloaded ActivePhone today.  I'm having a problem installing it.  I run the executable file but it seems to be installing, (or should I say reinstalling) the ActiveHome Pro software.  Then When I open ActiveHome I get asked to enter my activation code.  I do, but I keep getting a message saying the the code could not be found (or something to that affect).   I've tried three time now and each time same problem.  The only way to get back to a activated and working copy of my original ActiveHome Pro installation is to do a Windows System Restore back to the time before I installed ActivePhone and then reinstall ActiveHome Pro and activate it with my code. How do I install this software?  Hopefully someone can help.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks.

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Can't install ActivePhone
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 10:35:13 PM »

ActivePhone updates AHP.
You enter the registration code emailed by x10 when you purchased ActivePhone. This goes in the ActiveHome Pro reg box.

gluasad

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 05:26:23 AM »

Ahh, ok.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

:)

gluasad

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 06:09:23 AM »

ActivePhone updates AHP.
You enter the registration code emailed by x10 when you purchased ActivePhone. This goes in the ActiveHome Pro reg box.

Thanks J.B., that was the problem.  It's installed and activated now and I've tested it using my Android.  :)%

Thanks again.

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 11:47:27 AM »

Glad you got it installed and registered.  ;D
It is a bit confusing, as the other plug-ins have their own box to enter the registration info.
With ActivePhone, it is pretty much replacing the registration for ActiveHome Pro.

Rider1

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 11:03:44 PM »

I tried to invite my cell phone but AHP will not send the invite to my phone email.

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 01:31:07 AM »

I tried to invite my cell phone but AHP will not send the invite to my phone email.
1) Is there an error message that comes up at all?
2) In the event that it sent it but that you havent' seen it, have you checked your junk mail folder at all? Mail from X10 has been known to get stuck there.
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

paintguy

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 04:36:08 PM »

I figured out the same issue, however, once I invite my cell (iphone 4), and go to the link in the email, I get an error message that says, "Cannot open Page:  Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server."

Suggestions?

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 06:19:38 PM »

"Cannot open Page:  Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server."

Suggestions?

I have an iPhone 4 as well and it works flawlessly. Try the "Troubleshooting" section at the bottom of my Tips & Tricks post: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=21436.0
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

tybirdtybird

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 08:57:12 AM »

I have 3gs in settings safari make sure fraud warning , java script , block pop ups are turn on.  The activephone and onalert would load fine but they didn't do anything. as soon as i turn those on they work great.

this is a cool app for you mobile mouse it turn your iphone in to WiFi mouse works great

ccoffey3131

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 02:12:39 PM »

i am having a problem using my cell (HTC incredible) accessing the web address that i get when i click on invite a phone. I have tried the supplied address, changed it to my ip:8777/ahp, and changed to my computer name:8777/ahp (with and without local).  All variations give the same result - Web page not available.  any suggetions?  it works fine if i use my browser on my pc.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 08:59:49 PM by ccoffey3131 »

pppcory

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 08:49:05 PM »

I have 3gs in settings safari make sure fraud warning , java script , block pop ups are turn on.  The activephone and onalert would load fine but they didn't do anything. as soon as i turn those on they work great.

this is a cool app for you mobile mouse it turn your iphone in to WiFi mouse works great

These safari changes (java script in my case) fixed the "no modules found" issue on my wife's 3gs.  I knew it was a phone issue because it was working on mine.  Thanks!

ventureforth

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 11:16:33 PM »

I finally got Active phone installed, and I can pull up the remote on my Android Browser.  Only thing is, I push the buttons and they do nothing.  Same modules on Active Home Pro from my PC work fine.  Any ideas? And how is 3g supposed to work?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 09:04:55 AM by ventureforth »

ventureforth

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 09:05:57 AM »

i am having a problem using my cell (HTC incredible) accessing the web address that i get when i click on invite a phone. I have tried the supplied address, changed it to my ip:8777/ahp, and changed to my computer name:8777/ahp (with and without local).  All variations give the same result - Web page not available.  any suggetions?  it works fine if i use my browser on my pc.
Try turning off your Windows firewall.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.