Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macros-Simple Timed On Off -Help needed  (Read 2061 times)

eshortal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macros-Simple Timed On Off -Help needed
« on: March 08, 2010, 02:54:13 PM »

Help I am really confused
I have a motion sensor MS16A, there is no way to turn this on and off at specific times, you can set a delay for dawn and dusk only.
This is linked to a TM751 transceiver, this you can set on/off times.
This activates chimes SC546A, there is no Off timer for this module, only a delay for dawn or dusk.
I do not want the chimes to ring at certain times.
I tried adjusting the time on the TM751 but the chimes still ring during the Off time.
X10 Tech support suggested creating a Macro and sent me a link to the general Macro Information article which does not address this at all.
If I create one Macro to turn ON and one Macro to tun OFF a module which module of the chain should it be, I need to disable the signal being sent to the chimes during the Off period.
Is there some very simple step by step instruction on Macros somewhere?
Thanks,
Jim

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Macros-Simple Timed On Off -Help needed
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 06:14:21 PM »

eshortal X10 Tech support is correct you do need a macro(s) to accomplish the "chime at certain times only". I don't know exactly why your using a TM751.... or what version of AHP your using, what OS your using, or if you have smart macros, or what times you would like the chime to work and what times you would like it silent.

A little more info would be helpful.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 06:16:31 PM »

Since the TM751 is being used to receive the MS16A and then sound the SC546 directly. No macro is going to fix this. They can't be turned on and off at will.

Do you have a CM15A and AHP Software with Smart Macros? As your message is in the AHP area.
If you do you could use the MS16A to send an On and Off to one X10 address. That address would trigger the macro running in the CM15A Interface. It could then sound the chime if the time is between a given range on a different address. So the TM751 is not directly sending the on signal to the chime module.

eshortal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 06:34:13 PM »

Thank you for the prompt replies. My problem is that all of this is new, I am renting a house that has some items and I do not know how to control them.

Do you have a CM15A ?- Yes
and AHP Software with Smart Macros? I do not Have smart Macros. Do I need them specifically?

If you do you could use the MS16A to send an On and Off to one X10 address. That address would trigger the macro running in the CM15A Interface. It could then sound the chime if the time is between a given range on a different address. So the TM751 is not directly sending the on signal to the chime module.

This sounds great but I have no idea how to achieve this and reading the X10 literature has not helped. If I get the the Smart Macros will it be any easier?

Sorry to be such a goof.

Jim

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.