Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WATCH OUT WHEN RETURNING DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE  (Read 4002 times)

Kooldude

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
WATCH OUT WHEN RETURNING DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE
« on: September 07, 2007, 05:39:15 PM »

I just purchased a package of sensors, modules detectors and console. I'm having a problem with my Voice Dialer Console PS561 because it  will not armed, so I call Tech support and let them diagnose/troubleshoot the problem.

It was determined that the console is defective, so they told me that they are sending me an RMA (return mercahndise approval)  via email to return the defective merchandise, and that 's fine & dandy.

But wait, after I received my RMA, I read the instructions but to my surprise it says that I have to PAY to send it back to Las Vegas , NV what? you send me a defective merchandise and now you are asking me to PAY to get it back to you that's a bunch of BS.

I called customer service and guess what (after a long wait on the line), this guy told me that, that's the company's policy on return merchandise and there's nothing he can do about it.

I said I would understand that if I ordered and changed my mind and return it, yes I'll have to pay to return the merchandise and it's standard in the retail/wholesale business- but for me to PAY to return a defective product that's pure BS

I asked that I talk to a supervisor and was told that the supervisor is on the phone (the usual stalling strategy #1) and will call me.

After 3 hours, no phone call from supervisor I called back and was told that the supervisor has an emergency and need to leave early (strategy #2). This time I'm raising hell and ask who's next supervisor  in line- this gal on the line is more understanding than the first guy and she calm me down- she going to send me an authorization showing that I'm not PAYING for sending the defective product back

MORAL OF TGHE STORY: Raise hell if you are right- don't just accept "it's company's policy crap"- YOU NEED TO PRESS ON to get what's fair

CRAZYMANACE

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: WATCH OUT WHEN RETURNING DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 10:50:48 PM »

Hey Thanks for the tip. Stupid me sent back 3 PS561 at my cost for shipping. The 4 th unit doesn't work eather, seams that the PS561 doesn't work with Cable phone. I missed the Notice when I bought the units and the many hours with Tech Service.  Now what do I do with PS561s?

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 11:47:41 PM »

That is pretty much standard operating procedure in tech.
I run a PC shop and usta whine at my dear wife and partner about having to pay the shipping on returned defective stuff.

It's futile.

Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 06:32:16 AM »

........seams that the PS561 doesn't work with Cable phone.

Cable phone (phone service provided by the cable company) works fine with the PS561 (DS7000).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 08:50:51 AM »

I returned a defective unit some time ago, shipped via USPS with Delivery Confirmation, which verifies they received it.  Never got the replacement.  I was promised a call back after the first telco but it never happened.  The second telco they requested a fax with all the info but no call back from that either.  I've pretty much given up on actually getting a replacement but will continue to try just to see what happens.
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.