🎭Entertainment > Problems and Troubleshooting

Video Sender Pro Interference

(1/3) > >>

billhur:
I purchased the video sender pro and have had trouble with it, the units are just 50 feet away from eachother but once or twice a week we get a terrible interference. I know its not my home network or phones or it would happen constantly. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

dave w:
1. Wireless network.
2. 2.4 GHz corless phone.
3. Microwave oven.

1. and 2. would not necessarily be constant. Both can change frequencies automatically so one could be interfereing only when/if it selects a frequency very close to the frequency the video sender is using.

When you get the interference, how long does it last?
When you get the interference, is phone or wireless connection or microwave in use?
When you get the interference have you tried switching the channel on the Sender and Receiver?

Noam:

--- Quote from: dave w on October 18, 2011, 12:34:56 PM ---1. Wireless network.
2. 2.4 GHz corless phone.
3. Microwave oven.

--- End quote ---

Interference from these is less likely with the Video Sender PRO, which is supposed to be 900 MHz.
They did that on purpose, to move away from the more crowded 2.4 GHz frequencies.

The suggestion to change the channel on the sender and receiver is probably the best place to start.
that, and adjusting / re-orienting the antennas so they are as lined up as possible.

Look for other sources of 900 MHz interference:
older cordless phones
wireless intercoms
baby monitors

Try to track when the problem happens, and see if it is a specific time of day. It could be interference coming from something in a neighbor's house, too.

Brian H:
The Pro units only have one channel.

Noam:

--- Quote from: Brian H on October 18, 2011, 01:03:15 PM ---The Pro units only have one channel.

--- End quote ---
Good to know. (I don't have any)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version