Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: controling a larger home  (Read 1715 times)

grobert

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
controling a larger home
« on: November 10, 2009, 09:32:02 PM »

I have used X10 via activehome for years in my 2400 sq ' home. I had to add a phase connection years back at the main electrical panel but other than that the system has worked for years doing what it is suppose to do. We are moving up! We are having a new 4500 sq ' home built and I was wondering what changes if any I might need to make to utilize X10 in my new larger home. Any ideas or experiences to pull from?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: controling a larger home
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 11:48:47 AM »

I would move up to a high output repeater like the XTBIIR or ACT 234. My bet is if your system worked well in the old house it should work the same in the larger home with adequate signal boost.

Otherwise, it is just a matter of moving in and tracking down your "new" noise sources like new appliances, HVAC controllers, etc.

Good luck!
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

stoney

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: controling a larger home
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 09:12:48 PM »

I installed an XPCR Phase Coupler / Repeater in the far garage corner (basement) of my 2500+ sq.ft. home. Even the most distant device in my home was easily controlled as were the motion detectors and DS10a's. Less than $12 on the net for the XPCR!

My thoughts are if you were to attempt to centrally locate your equipment perhaps similar devices that you used previously would still serve you well.

As you know, there are many ways to "enhance" the X-10 environment.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.