Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Does Anyone Know what this is?  (Read 783 times)

AKMike

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Does Anyone Know what this is?
« on: January 01, 2024, 12:31:09 PM »

I have small metal box with some indicator lights on the top that is attached to one of my breaker panels.  There is no label or marking on it.  There is a small green light and a small red light on all the time.  I've been trouble shooting some x10 problems and I done know that this device is.  When I use my XPTT, there are two additional red lights that light up and blink on and off with the P1 On/Off signal.  It must be about 15 years old.  I suspect is may be a phase coupler.  I'de post a photo but I don't have permission yet.  The box is silver and about 4 inches square and 1.5 inches deep with a black top and has three wires into the panel.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Does Anyone Know what this is?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 12:38:23 PM »

Doesn't sound like the XPTT companion receiver. As it plugs into a 120VAC outlet. http://www.authinx.com/pictures/xptt_xptr.pdf
The  X10 XPCR and Leviton HCA02 and 6201. All have plastic cases. http://authinx.com/manuals/X10/XPCR.pdf
I hope someone here can give you a better description as it does sound like a coupler repeater but a manufacturer I am not familiar with.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 12:47:13 PM by Brian H »

AKMike

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2024, 12:44:42 PM »

I have the XPTR as well and I just happened to notice the blinking lights when the XPTT is plugged in.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2024, 02:20:01 PM »

Make one more post to reach 10 and then you can post a pic. Sounds like the box could be a whole house surge protector but that wouldn't explain the light responding to X10 signals.

AKMike

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2024, 11:56:31 AM »

Here's the photo of the device.  It should be better than my description of it.  The green light and red light are on all the time.

brobin

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2024, 12:47:08 PM »

IIRC, I once had one of those. It may have been made by ACT or Leviton and was a coupler/repeater. I'm basing that on memory of the shape of that case and LED's. Mine was a brown color but maybe the paint has flaked off yours. I remember that it was decent but not perfect and was replaced by an XTB-IIR which I still use today.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2024, 01:21:32 PM »

If it is an ACT.
I looked at my ACT CR234 A10/X10 Coupler repeater. Tan case. Fits on a 4" square electrical box.
Green Power On.
Red Ready
Red Received a message
Red Transmit a message
Red Error indication.
Mine failed. The Red transmit led flashes but it has no output on one of the two phases.
Mine also has a fuse on each line input. Off chance the one not also supplying power has opened. As the green power led is on.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 02:27:00 PM by Brian H »

brobin

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2024, 11:13:49 PM »

I had those too but the one I'm thinking about is an older model (CP001?) in an extruded aluminum case. I had it for many years but used it only a few and finally tossed it when we moved.  I think the lights worked the same. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.