🔌General Home Automation > User Modified Devices

DS7000 (PS561) & DS10A Used As A Fire Detector Alarm System !

<< < (3/6) > >>

AlarmSafe:
Thanks James S. your knowledge was very helpful.

tom j:
Quote from James S April 18th 2006
I have one D7000 that I use only for security and another that I use for a fire alarm. Each has separate messages recorded, one for break in, one for fire. 
Well I think I have a better idea I have a talking smoke/gas detector so after you set it up as described and the unit calls you well when you listen in you could hear the detector saying fire, fire fire. I was just siting here working on another project when it came to me the microphone on the console is really excellent I was actually able to hear the thief's who were downstairs in my house when I had a break in so if it's reasonably close you shouldn't have any problem hearing it, thus eliminating the need for a second console. By the way I was able to contact the police and they didn't get a dime.  ;D Let me know what you think.

Tcj

steven r:

--- Quote from: James S. on September 20, 2007, 12:08:39 PM ---...I used a First Alert Smoke Detectors Model SA304 with internal light (available at Wal-Mart $15.00). I soldered two wires to the coil of a 5 vdc relay (relay available at Radio Shack $4.50) and soldered the other wire ends to the light wires on smoke detector....

--- End quote ---
Clever approach. The First Alert Smoke Detector is most likely a more reliable sensor.

--- Quote from: James S. on September 20, 2007, 12:08:39 PM ---...I have one DS7000 that I use for security and another that I use for a fire alarm. Each has separate messages recorded - one for break in, one for fire....

--- End quote ---
You have to have 2 separate DS7000 alarms to have a unique fire alert? You mean the DS7000 doesn't distinguish between burglary and fire in it's alert? In the event of a fire it calls you and then you have to call the fire department? I hope you keep your phone on 24/7, have a spare battery and keep the fire department number in your phone contacts.

Personally I wouldn't be without a monitored system. I could have my phone turned off at a movie and come home to a burned down house.

TakeTheActive:
You get a Helpful (and a Great Idea! Vote) from me for taking the time to write this novel idea up James S.

Thank you! :)

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com):

--- Quote from: TakeTheActive on September 21, 2007, 10:47:26 AM ---You get a Helpful (and a Great Idea! Vote) from me for taking the time to write this novel idea up James S.

Thank you! :)

--- End quote ---

I'll second that!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version