Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: AHP "switches" wont work but Macro will  (Read 5805 times)

jsnone1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP "switches" wont work but Macro will
« on: January 24, 2009, 03:23:30 PM »

when I click one of the virtual switches in AHP the lights corresponding to the switches do nothing.....but when a MACRO runs in AHP they do activate ( I have certain lights turn on when a motion sensor outside is flagged)

Im think it may be a phase problem, so I went ahead and purchased one of the plug in passive couplers....

any other suggestions????

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: AHP "switches" wont work but Macro will
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 04:03:04 PM »

Im think it may be a phase problem, so I went ahead and purchased one of the plug in passive couplers....

Often.. you can do a light or two.. or a camera or two without dealing with any phase issues. But if your really going to have fun with X10 you do have to spread the signal across the phases. The dryer/range phase coupler can be the simplest easiest way to do that.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

jsnone1

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 03:49:34 PM »

ok, I got the plug in phase coupler today, plugged it into my dryer and absolutely NO change whatsoever!!!!

So I am lookin for some help..........thanks in advance!!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 05:01:14 PM »

If the timers that are uploaded to the CM15A run as scheduled, yet AHP does not control the same lights, either X10nets.exe, which is the component that has to run or AHP won't see any changes in module status in AHP or the install of AHP is botched somehow.

Make sure X10Nets.exe is loading when Windows loads.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 05:12:00 PM »

Sound like a song:

AHP "switches" wont work but Macro will,
AHP "switches" wont work but Macro will!

;D
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

jsnone1

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 05:30:48 PM »

If the timers that are uploaded to the CM15A run as scheduled, yet AHP does not control the same lights, either X10nets.exe, which is the component that has to run or AHP won't see any changes in module status in AHP or the install of AHP is botched somehow.

Make sure X10Nets.exe is loading when Windows loads.

My main problem is that I can not control Light modules, or camera power sources in other rooms of the house. I thought it may have been a phase problem because when I ran an extension cord from where one of the cameras is at to an outlet in the room that my computer is in it was able to turn the camera on and off. But when the camera is plugged in where I want it to be plugged in I can not get it to turn on or off and I get overlapped video signals!!!

As a temporary fix I plugged the camera power supply into a Transceiver (so that I can cut power to it to view a different camera) which I can control......I can control transceivers no matter where they are in the house. Why is that??? Why can I control Transcievers and not modules/switches/power supplys???? I assume that the CM15A is sending an RF signal to the Transciever and not a PLC signal..........

Man I am getting annoyed!!!!

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 06:01:55 PM »

transceiver like the tm751 receives RF and not powerline signals.  So could have a noise issue. Maybe something like a TV, cell phone charger, computer power supplies...just to name a few.

Might want to start looking for things like that that cause powerline noise or sucks the signal. Can just start unplugging stuff one at a time to see if that helps.

One other thing if you are using a TM751 somewhere other then just trying it with your camera..That could be your problem. the tm751 and cm15 don't play well with each other unless the CM15 is set up not to transceiver the same house code the tm751 is.
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

HA Dave

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 07:13:39 PM »

transceiver like the tm751 receives RF and not powerline signals.  So could have a noise issue. Maybe something like a TV, cell phone charger, computer power supplies...just to name a few.

Jsnlong is so right! You could have line noise.... OR it could be your macro. You had been using the CM19A hadn't you? Is your macro set to send RF (only) or are you sending a PLC (Power Line Command). The camera power supplys only work on PLC.

jsnone1

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 08:21:53 PM »

Jsnlong is so right! You could have line noise.... OR it could be your macro. You had been using the CM19A hadn't you? Is your macro set to send RF (only) or are you sending a PLC (Power Line Command). The camera power supplys only work on PLC.

I was using the CM19A  but only with the Vanguard software, when I got AHP I went to the CM15A........the macro is set to "select camera" and to turn on a certain lamp at the same time.....all PLC commands

I started unplugging things and I still am not having any luck here......... ???

Appreciate the help.....keep it coming!!!

Jsnlong

• XKAR
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 08:37:25 PM »

Is your CM15 plugged into the same outlet as your computer? This sometimes gives weird problems..... you can run a extension cord from somewhere else to see if AHP then controls stuff in the other rooms. It also should not be plugged into a power strip.

Do you have fluoresce bulbs anywhere? I had a big problem until I got rid of the fluoresce lights out of my kitchen.

Also remember the thing that might give you noise problems will not always be in the room you are having trouble in.

People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

jsnone1

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 09:48:25 PM »

alright guys.....I think it may be the AHP software, in th Vanguard software when you are viewing a camera, you can right click the screen, then you can click "set up firecracker" then it has a test code that you can send....you can edit the test code to any house and unit code that you want.

Well............when I send the test code with the Vanguard software it WORKS!!!!!

So now what???

Jsnlong

• XKAR
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 10:02:21 PM »

I dont know much about that software......is it sending commands with the cm15 or are using the firecracker? cm19 cm11??

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

jsnone1

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 10:08:45 PM »

I dont know much about that software......is it sending commands with the cm15 or are using the firecracker? cm19 cm11??

I no longer have the CM19 hooked up, only things hooked up are the USB video capture and the CM15A, so I assume it is using the CM15A to send the PLC signal......

HA Dave

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 01:14:58 AM »

.... I assume it is using the CM15A to send the PLC signal......

I'd do some testing to make sure that is correct. As long as your using TM751's in the mix... it can be really hard to tell.

jsnone1

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 09:59:26 AM »

.... I assume it is using the CM15A to send the PLC signal......

I'd do some testing to make sure that is correct. As long as your using TM751's in the mix... it can be really hard to tell.

if its not the CM15A send out the PLC signal then what could it be??? The only X10 item I have hooked up to my PC is the USB Video capture.

are you saying to unplug all the Transceivers in the house, that they could be getting a RF signal and then putting it on the PL...........I will go ahead and try this, assuming that is what you mean.....will report back shortly.

Thanks again!
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.