Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: PC Companion Weather Issue  (Read 81257 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: PC Companion Weather Issue
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2010, 10:57:47 AM »

Yep B:( sure sounds like A bug. ::)
Not sure why it fails with thirdparty temps it is only using the number ???  ???
I'll dig into it and see what I can find.
Can you post the actual text file your using?  ???
There maybe a hidden character that is throwing things as well. ???
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jjsalobird

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2010, 11:00:04 AM »

Sure,    :)% attached

Thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2010, 11:10:48 AM »

I don't see the degree symbol were you able to remove it?
I guess you found how to remove it! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2010, 11:36:46 AM »

Couple of things I see that may be causing the issue.
1: Spaces in your text
2: Another line entry even though it is blank PCC picks that up. ::)
I hadn't coded to take those into account so I'll add that stripping info and see if that fixes things before I dig deeper. ;)
 >!
Update:
jjsalobird
Seems like 1 of those 2 things or both were causing the issue.
After adding code to eliminate carage returns and blank spaces the parameter test works as it should and the correct triggers are fired.
Or at least they do with your supplied txt file! ::) :'
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 12:33:01 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jjsalobird

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2010, 09:46:43 PM »

Yes, I removed the degree symbol. Finally read the help file in WWL, it has a plain temp round variable that rounds it off and leaves out the degree symbol.  Sorry, I was out of town today.

jjsalobird

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2010, 08:56:37 AM »

Seems to be working fine now! :)% #:)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2010, 04:47:36 PM »

jjsalobird found another weather program that generates a CSV file and it is free.
I'm Sure there are other Freebies out there! ;)
It gets information from personal weather stations and other stations.
IT generates a visible forecast and writes the CSV file to where ever you like.
The program WeatherExchange from ambientweather.
I actually received this on CD with my weather station and just looked at it today :-[
I've started playing with some code and may add the ability to create a readable forecast from it's generated CSV file since it is in the same format as that created from VirtualWeatherStation.
In any case one Could use this with the extra triggers available with PCC's weather Plug-in! ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jjsalobird

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2010, 11:24:14 AM »

??? Will the CVS file that WeatherExchange uses work as is with PC Companion's additional triggers or does it have to be formatted differently?  I was unclear on this.  Thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2010, 06:13:34 PM »

??? Will the CVS file that WeatherExchange uses work as is with PC Companion's additional triggers or does it have to be formatted differently?  I was unclear on this.  Thanks
It won't work with the additional triggers but does work with the PCC weather station plug-in (x10WeatherWatch).
It doesn't allow for you to edit the CSV file! :(
I may add the option for PCC to pull the temperature value so the CSV will work with the additional triggers as well in the next build. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jjsalobird

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2010, 02:12:20 PM »

Hi,

In the x10weatherwatcher plug-in on PC Companion, how do you retrieve the info into the text box.  ??? I only have buttons that say "Speek retrieved info" and "X-10 Triggers?  Or does the program just retrieve the info for each parameter automatically.  So far I have never seen anything in the white box on that screen.  Also, does this automatically run when PC companion runs or do I have to open that page and minimize it to the system tray if I restart PC Companion?  is it running if I close it with the X or not?  Hope this makes sense.  B:(

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2010, 04:34:35 PM »

x10WeatherWatcher doesn't put info into the temperature text file.
I can't remember how detailed the manual is so here goes:

Open your CSV file with notepad make sure word wrap is unchecked so you can find the number spacing for your Temperature,Wind....
Set the file the path to the CSV file in the program so it knows where to look each time
Set the Time interval that the program will parse the CSV file for values.
You need to change the text that says Parameter Name: to some thing like Temperature,Wind,Humidity.....
Then in the small box beside that you scroll to the number of values in the CSV file that represents that
Say file looks like 10,20,09,1,23,0,1.5,35,48,.......... and value you need is 48 then the Paramiter value would be 8 as the program counts from 0 as first digit.
if temperature you need is 23 then value is 4.
if you want more then one temperature trigger or a different trigger like wind, add  that paramiter the same way.
If you get a message box that pops up before you have settings in place don't worry.
The program is set to auto scan and just hasn't found your settings.

Once you have the values in place click the reset timer that will pull up the info faster then waiting for timer to count down (maybe I don't remember what I have the default set to). ::)
Check to see what pops up in the text box to make sure it is getting the correct values.
Now check x10 triggers each row will now have the paramiters you typed in.
Select =,<,or > then scroll to number
Select the x10 code.
Click save
From the main screen check if you wish it to load minimized or not.
Now save from main screen.
Now if you wish  X10WeatherWatcher watching all the time reopen it and minimize.
If you wish it to only run at night set AHP to launch it using a windows command (batch file) or have PC Companion launch it.
 >!
 If you wish to use WeatherExpress for creating a CSV file I've attached a text file indicating where each value is located just remember to subtract 1 from the number indicated. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jjsalobird

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2010, 11:55:53 PM »

Thanks,  I just did not know how to force the info into the box so I could see it.  It was working fine.  Quick question, it checks all the parameters at the same time, correct?  In other words if I have 4 parameters set up and 2 are met and two are outside the parameters I set, then when PCC checks, it will run the x10 triggers for the ones that are met at the same time and the ones that are outside the parameters will not be run.  Think I asked this before concerning the weather triggers.

If this is the case, let's then say I have only one x10 trigger (D5ON) set up to run if any or all of my 4 conditions are met, let's also say that the trigger is a macro that sets a flag.  Would there be a problem if it fired more than one D5 ON at the same time, since more than one parameter was met? (guess that is more of an AHP, question, but since I already typed it, I'll leave it and hope you answer!)   :angel:

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2010, 07:39:05 AM »

Well it kinda is a AHP CM15A question, and X10WeatherWatcher (SDK) question.
The Program will only sends one X10 command at a time if they have to be relayed by the CM15A they will be sent one after the other.
Now where a issue might come up is if you have two programs sending commands at the same time. ::) :'
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jjsalobird

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2010, 09:16:18 AM »

Thanks!  :D

jjsalobird

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2010, 06:26:01 PM »

Hi,

In the latest version of the x10 weatherwatcher plugin, I am having some problems.  I used to be able to set the order in which I wanted the values in the CSV file to be checked.  In the version I am now using, you have apparently added a permanent wind speed, temperature and wind direction constant.  These show up as triggers 1-3 and cannot be changed.  That is not the biggest issue, since I just don't set these first three, but it would be better if I could get rid of them.  A bigger issue is I cannot get the else part to work on the triggers.  For instance, I had a trigger for Temperature that said if the temperature is less than 55, then D4 on, else D4 OFF.  The off never fires if the temp is over 55.  The only way I can do this is to do it with 2 temperature variables, one firing D4 ON if is it less than 55 and the other firing D4 OFF if it is greater than 55.  I assume the else should fire if the condition is not met.   Also, it appears that the wind speed variable is not working.  Hopefully you can check this out and send some advice.  My wind speed is 8 and I try a trigger that says fire D5 if it is greater than 20, and it seem to fire every time.  Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Jeff
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.