Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Terrible Customer Service - Need AHP Software  (Read 1895 times)

jpatrickm

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Terrible Customer Service - Need AHP Software
« on: September 09, 2009, 10:55:39 PM »

I'm posting here because I can't seem to get a hold of anyone at X10 that will actually resolve this problem. I'm trying really hard not to throw everything back in the box and send it right back. I've used online chat 2 times, emailed 2 times and called 3 times... all I want is the SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD LINK!

I've been a customer of X10 for probably 6 years. I ordered a new batch of controllers and ActiveHome pro. It arrived today. The manual states that I should have received an email with download link. No email. I did receive my order confirmation and tracking info. I even received the 2 chat logs when I contacted live chat to try and get the software. Each time they said it would be emailed to me... still no email. I finally talked to someone on the phone and they said it would be emailed right over. I DID get an email that stated, "software attached"... no attachment.

Are you kidding me? I'm so mad I'm actually laughing. Here I am, sitting in an office at 8pm at night trying to install this stuff before the office opens tomorrow and no reply from anyone at X10.

Is anyone reading these forums that can point me to where I might be able to download this software!!??

It's easier to find government secrets on the internet then it is to get this stupid software. Why isn't there just a public download where anyone can get it but require users to enter a registration key to activate it?

Can someone assist?

Thanks.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: Terrible Customer Service - Need AHP Software
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 01:37:19 AM »

jpatrickm,

This is not a new issue, unfortunately.

Until X10 finally gets around to sending you the email, you can try the following link to get an older version of AHP:

http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/ahp_updt_204.exe

The activation code is generally your order number with a "-1" suffix.

Hope that helps.

Keep us posted!

>!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.