Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Customer Not Impressed  (Read 3741 times)

Cold Steel

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
New Customer Not Impressed
« on: October 10, 2007, 10:11:34 PM »

It's difficult to carry on a successful business if you keep your customers pissed off at you from the very beginning.

A few years ago, I took a course in how to set up business websites. One of the first things they told us: you can generate great sales over the Internet if you're willing to set up an effective and informative website and to use some of the great savings in overhead to provide great customer service. And most importantly, don't use music or other sounds when customers aren't expecting it. Not only does it alarm them, it creates noise in working and home environments.

Customers, rightly or wrongly, do business over the Internet on their boss's time. Sound disrupts and is NEVER welcome unless it's specifically requested in the form of an mp3, wav or other sound file.

I HATE having to dive for the mute button when some moron starts yelling as soon as one enters the main site. Not only does it piss me off, I usually go elsewhere. I'm even more apt to go elsewhere when I read all these posts about poor and unresponsive customer service.

The initial page is far too long, as well. Great on graphics, but overwhelming.

Consider this free consultation. And please turn off the damn sound!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: New Customer Not Impressed
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 11:19:09 PM »

I've read a couple (or more) complaints about X10's Web Site.

It seems to work for X10. They have always been a tad agressive and maybe even slightly flashy. BUT.... it works for them!
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 07:39:45 PM »

yeah Cold Steel,

You are pretty much beating a dead horse here. X10's cheezy web site works for them.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 07:57:20 PM »

First thing I have to do when I go to the X10 sales site is disable my SpywareBlasters X10 block or I don't get there. Then I click on the mute button of the guy saying 'Hey You!"
Then I enable the block and let Ad-Aware remove the tracking cookies from X10. When I sign off.
The sales from time to time make the effort worth it.

petef

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 02:20:59 AM »

Sound disrupts and is NEVER welcome unless it's specifically requested in the form of an mp3, wav or other sound file.

I agree 100%

I'm not sure which webpage you are referring to but I just started tonight
searching for X-10 websites and ran across one where an arrogant acting
guy comes up on a video offering you to sign up for an X-10 newsletter
or something like that. I hate it when I'm forced to listen to video or
sound presentations on a website. I got off that site quickly!

Shut off the sound!

---pete---

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 10:24:14 AM »

First thing I have to do when I go to the X10 sales site is disable my SpywareBlasters .................... Then I click on the mute button ............. I enable the block and let Ad-Aware remove the tracking cookies from X10. When I sign off.

The sales from time to time make the effort worth it.

Brian H is SOoo RIGHT. Even (what used to be called) portals use multimedia now. The other day, I heard a man complain about small (hard to read) font sizes on WebSites with his new computer. He apparently didn't know that HE has control over the font size.

X10 includes all the glitz, action, and SOUND that SOME Internet shoppers REQUIRE. Users that prefer a less active Web experience should check out their browser controls.

Customers, rightly or wrongly, do business over the Internet on their boss's time. Sound disrupts and is NEVER welcome unless it's specifically requested in the form of an mp3, wav or other sound file.

Consider this free consultation. And please turn off the damn sound!

Cold Steel as a Network Administrator at my day-job........consider MY free consultation. We track your surfing habits... we KNOW what Sites you visit. Muting the speakers won't change that.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 10:33:53 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.