Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP Version 3.271  (Read 6901 times)

phongluu

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
AHP Version 3.271
« on: June 14, 2010, 08:12:02 PM »

Am I the only one seeing it?

I got MyHouse not sending email and doing some re-download, install and seeing all of my software now is 3.271.

It's good to see x10 upgrade, but any words on what news?

Thanks,
P.L

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: AHP Version 3.271
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 10:44:40 PM »

AHP Version 3.271 is not a US version, US/Canada versions end with 3.236 (buggy) and 3.228 (last good version).
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 11:59:21 PM »

Am I the only one seeing it?

I got MyHouse not sending email and doing some re-download, install and seeing all of my software now is 3.271.

It's good to see x10 upgrade, but any words on what news?

Thanks,
P.L

I have never seen that version, and my 3.236 says it's the most up to date.  I don't have MyHouse registered though, I wonder if that could explain it?

>!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

streetp

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 07:37:15 AM »

I agree with Dan - I have MyHouse registered, living in Canada and I'm still on the ugly buggy version with the message "there are no updates".

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 08:42:28 AM »

I have seen 3.267 listed on the International sites and if it updated to 3.271 again it must be International.
As mentioned here. Ours was not updated in a long time and is the 3.236
So we may not be of a great help with your 3.271 version.

http://www.bmbelectronics.eu/resources_images.php?dir=//X10/Software/CM15
Very iffy as to the later version working on the US/Canada units.

Marmitek also lists the AHP 3.267 for their model of the CM15Pro.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 08:54:20 AM by Brian H »

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 05:00:12 PM »

I agree with Dan - I have MyHouse registered, living in Canada and I'm still on the ugly buggy version with the message "there are no updates".

You can downgrade to 3.228 by searching post on the subject here.  It does not affect add-ons.

ITguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 03:22:39 PM »

Adding a quote from Dan's post in another topic.  Re-downloading using the links in your original order confirmation  will work to get 3.271 in the U.S.

I used the original software link in the e-mail X10 sent on 7/15/2005 at 8:43AM when i first bought AHP.  Guess what?  I now have 3.271, direct from X10 USA, so it IS a X10USA issue.

Now maybe X10 will put 3.228 and other versions left out of the Repository in it.  BTW it kept my registration intact.

ITguy

ITguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
Interesting behavior in AHP Version 3.271
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 10:59:44 AM »

If you're using 3.271 with the CM19A (yes, it works for receive and transmit in 3.271!), and have macros defined as "run on PC" (which you have to do since the CM19A doesn't store anything), when you exit AHP, the macros continue to function (listening for devices, turning things on/off, etc.) as long as you don't manually cancel the X10NETS.exe job!  Once you cancel X10NETS.exe, then macros no longer execute.

Not sure whether it did this in previous versions, but I find it VERY interesting!  In effect, you're running AHP as a Windows service!

ITguy

AZDoug

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 08:41:40 PM »

FWIW, BMB in Europe updated AHP recently to version 3.274 dated 8-16-10.  It contains the Smart Macros plugin.
I don't see any big changes, but haven't used it yet. 

Dr.Fiero

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 12:21:41 AM »

I don't see any big changes, but haven't used it yet. 

Please!  TRY IT!!!

See if it can tell the difference between dawn & dusk as a condition for one.  That'll be a good clue that they fixed 'stuff'.

AZDoug

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 08:49:31 AM »

I installed it but I haven't updated my hardware with it yet.  I've been using the BMB version since early in the year and the version I have been running until the other day was one available in the Spring 2010 timeframe. 

I have been using it to control many timers based upon sunrise and sunset to control outdoor and indoor decorative lighting with 100% success.

During the April-May timeframe, I tried a conditional macro involving a motion detector and sunset/sunrise times to control undercabinet lights in the kitchen.  It has been a nightmare, with the CM-15 apparently not following the conditional logic at times.  It works most of the time though, but it is clearly not working correctly. 

I will be surprised if this version or any other makes a difference. 

I am planning on posting the conditional macro problem in a separate topic, so the experts here can point out any weaknesses, but I haven't had the time yet. 

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 06:54:14 PM »

3.271 is 3.236 with support for the CM19A added.  Since it is known 3.236 was buggy. Timers would not fully operate (some lights would go on, others didn't and macros may or may not work properly.   I tried both (no plug-ins of any kind, don't need them) and both failed to work properly.

If anyone is going to use European versions of AHP, dos it accept US modules or not?

AZDoug

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 08:49:27 PM »

The European version runs all of my U.S. X10 modules properly.  I use lamp modules, appliance modules, hawkeye motion detectors, chime, and Universal modules, as well as keychain remotes and anything else that I have that sends wired or wireless commands. 

The only trick is to pick the equavalent Euro module, and that's not very difficult since none of the modules I list do much but transmit or receive X10 commands. 

I did have some trouble with the city selection.  At this point after several updates, neither the Euro city or U.S. city page loads, so I just entered the Lat/Lon of my location and it works fine. 

I've been using the BMB version since early in the year and updated 2 or 3 times.  Other than the conditional macro I added in May or June, all of the other timers works fine.    I'm going to investigate the conditional macro if the latest version doesn't remove the erratic behavior I've seen. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.