📱X10 WIFI > 🗯General Discussion

Will the X10 WIFI app and WM100 replace AHP and the CM15?

<< < (2/15) > >>

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: Tucson on February 08, 2018, 06:33:34 PM ---For me it already has, I unplugged my CM15A last week and I'm not looking back. I know that for many it may not be enough but for me it is good enough. I'm very happy to have a supported product again.

--- End quote ---

You know... I'd bet MOST X10 users will be happy with the abilities of the WM100.... particularly when they can pair it to a digital assistance like Alexa. And... Alexa expands your routines too!

And for those of us who really just want MORE. Like myself.... automation is a hobby of sorts... so more is all part of the interest. There is still usable CM15A tech available. And even compatible Homeseer devices/software. 

Tuicemen:

--- Quote from: Noam on February 08, 2018, 10:21:58 AM ---
With all due respect, I don't think the app will ever be able to replace AHP.
As long as you have a CM15A, you'll need AHP to program it

--- End quote ---
I guesss replace was the wrong word it most likely will never beable to upload to the cm15.
But give the memory capablilites of the wm100 it has the possibilities of doing more then AHP (timer and macro wise) once RF is added, the wm100 (pro) ::) :' should be able to out perform the CM15.
Maybe it is wishful thinking on my part ::) :'
 >!

dhouston:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on February 09, 2018, 12:18:12 PM ---But give the memory capablilites of the wm100 it has the possibilities of doing more then AHP (timer and macro wise) once RF is added, the wm100 (pro) ::) :' should be able to out perform the CM15.

--- End quote ---

Compare the ARM Cortex MCU of the WM100 with the ARM Cortex MCU of the RPi3 and then dream of the possibilities.

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: dhouston on February 09, 2018, 03:25:26 PM ---Compare the ARM Cortex MCU of the WM100 with the ARM Cortex MCU of the RPi3 and then dream of the possibilities.

--- End quote ---

Yes.

SkipWX10:
HI all, new here and just installed my WM100. Currently using it only for testing control of several lights using the phone like a palmpad. Still running the house off the CM15 and probably will for the foreseeable future, but with my limited setup, the WM100 could almost take over if it is as reliable as the CM15 with AHP has been.

For the record, been using X10 since the late 70's with Radio Shack 'Plug n' Play modules (still have some!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version