Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Changing Seasons - spring  (Read 1649 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Changing Seasons - spring
« on: May 14, 2010, 11:06:20 AM »

I recently posted about an IR remote controlled fan... which I drag out every year when the weather warms. This one fan can shut down a good portion of my X10 devices even when not running. This got me thinking... maybe this isn't a device problem... maybe its a seasonal problem. I knew about the fan and used a filter on the device. And while I was at it I added the fan to my IR control (but that's another thread).

I know these fans can't be the only "spring season" devices that can cause problems. I would guess... that some devices normally not a problem by themselves... can add up to a problem when a few are added to the line.

I already have my seasonal checklists and for spring that includes checking battery's (I check battery's spring and fall with the time changes), and sharping mower blades. But, I was wondering if anyone has found any spring related, or seasonal devices that also cause Home Automation problems... or opportunity's.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: Changing Seasons - spring
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 12:02:17 PM »

Like leaves on trees and shrubs which now sway in breeze and trip motion sensors, different angle of the Sun and a lot more glare from pools,ponds,concrete driveways. Higher ambient temperature which make IR sensors a lot less sensitive.

Foliage can also block RF signals and the higher the frequency the more line of sight they are and are more easily attenuated . 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.