Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Products with local control  (Read 2414 times)

shadowhywind

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Products with local control
« on: May 17, 2009, 06:07:55 PM »

I am planning on adding some more x10 around my house however running into one small problem. I am looking for items that have "local control", So i can either turn them on/off like normal or from x10. Also we are slowly switching to CFL's when our lightbulbs start going, so have to keep that in mind when i buy. I ran across AM466, which has local control and handles CFL correct? Also are there any screw-in lamp modules that have both, from x10 or any other makes? Thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Products with local control
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 06:37:34 PM »

You can't use Local Control to turn off an X10 Module like the AM466. It will only turn the module on if it is off and the local lamps switch is cycled from on to off and back on. It the module is on the same sequence will result in it staying on.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Products with local control
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 07:03:04 PM »

Also are there any screw-in lamp modules that have both, from x10 or any other makes? Thanks
No. There are no light socket modules with Local Control .

LC must be sensed from before the lamp's own switch. An X10 socket module in a light would put the module after the local light switch. Turning the lamp switch ON will not force the X10 socket to turn on.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.