Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: newbie question on ActiveHome Pro  (Read 2412 times)

rwrogers11

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
newbie question on ActiveHome Pro
« on: April 20, 2010, 03:18:12 PM »

I just bought this and only have one plug PA011 and my software version is 3.236

I loaded up a new room, put the switch in there and it works great.  But then I loaded the software on another laptop, plugged it in, it said it downloaded the macros and such, but it doesn't show the room or the plug.  Is there a way to be able to use two laptops to control the USB Interface?  I live with two roomates and one of my other roommates would like to be able to update the system as well.

The reason is also another question, in my room, I have two UPS's plugged in, one for my computer and network system and the other for my TV projector.  When I plug the USB interface in, inside my room, (directly into the wall not into the UPS) I can not control the PA011, but if I plug the interface in anywhere else in the house, I can.  Does having a UPS plugged into the same circut cause issues with the USB Interface?

Richard

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: newbie question on ActiveHome Pro
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 03:52:03 PM »

You need to copy your AHP macro file to the new computer also. You can not down load it from the CM15A.

Yes, UPS's almost universally are death to X10 signals. They either make electrical noise which corrupts the X10 signal, or their internal filters act as "signal suckers" on the X10 signals attenuating them. You may have to add a filter on the UPS to keep it from effecting the X10 signal.

Maybe this will help:

http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

rwrogers11

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 03:55:21 PM »

Thanks for the quick answer.

Where do I get the AHP macro file, and will I need to copy it each time a change is made?

Richard

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 09:23:25 PM »

Thanks for the quick answer.

Where do I get the AHP macro file, and will I need to copy it each time a change is made?

Richard
Sorry, Its your "xxxx.ahx" file, the one you saved when you created your macros. It is probably in your ActiveHome Pro folder. If not, do a "save as" and the file path will be shown in the dialog box.

Yes, if you want both computers to be the same, you will need to copy to the other computer. You can not use the CM15A to "sync" the two different xxxx.ahx data files.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.