Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Smart Macros & Sunrise Sunset  (Read 5399 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Smart Macros & Sunrise Sunset
« on: May 01, 2007, 03:15:23 PM »

Hi just bought another Active Home Pro already had one but bought another one as a backup and because it came with all the latest software. Really wanted the Smart Macros, got a question though do these macros support Sunrise Sunset I actually want to setup a macro using if/then/else logic but I only want it to activate it after dust just to much trouble using a set time because it keeps getting darker latter and latter and in the fall it will get darker earlier and earlier. I don't see it so if it doesn't I would hope this would be something X10 would consider adding. Thanks!

Tom j

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
Re: Smart Macros & Sunrise Sunset
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 03:26:06 PM »

Click on the clock face at the bottom right of a module or macro, then click on Advanced Layout, next look for the Dawn/Dusk options.  You can plus or minus these to get the effect you want.  The other setting is the resolution and that's set in Hardware Configuration under Tools.
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

tom j

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 08:34:41 PM »

Click on the clock face at the bottom right of a module or macro, then click on Advanced Layout, next look for the Dawn/Dusk options.  You can plus or minus these to get the effect you want.  The other setting is the resolution and that's set in Hardware Configuration under Tools.

Thanks Oldtimer!!!! you got a point for this one you had 15 well now you got another. Say I saw no mention of this in the instructions is it there and I missed it???

Tom j

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 08:57:33 PM »

Say I saw no mention of this in the instructions is it there and I missed it???

Tom j

Using the regular Help screen Search tab, search on any of these keywords:  sunrise, sunset, dusk or dawn.  I almost never use the other tabs for help.  For some reason the indexes aren't organized the way my mind seems to work.

tom j

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 02:16:14 PM »

Hi well I'm in the advanced layout but I don't see "Dust/Dawn options" I do see "Nighttime" &  "Daytime" under conditions am I in the right location really slick layout! beautiful layout really looks stunning on my new laptop. Thanks!

Tom j

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 06:03:23 PM »

Hi well I'm in the advanced layout but I don't see "Dust/Dawn options" I do see "Nighttime" &  "Daytime" under conditions am I in the right location really slick layout! beautiful layout really looks stunning on my new laptop. Thanks!

Tom j

You're right. The official names are "On During the Day" and "On During the Night".  I focussed on the "Dawn" and "Dusk" offsets which are part of that area of the screen.

tom j

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 01:19:03 AM »

Tom j

You're right. The official names are "On During the Day" and "On During the Night".  I focussed on the "Dawn" and "Dusk" offsets which are part of that area of the screen.

Thanks again but where are these offsets located are they in the Macro Designer, think I'm missing something.

Tom j

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 08:37:09 AM »

Tom j

Thanks again but where are these offsets located are they in the Macro Designer, think I'm missing something.

Tom j

They're in the "Timer Designer" which you get to by clicking on the clock face in a module.  Next you select "View Advanced Layout".  Then in the middle of the new window you'll see "Dawn Delay" and Dusk Delay" with various options.  Someone else will have to help here since I don't remember whether these are in the basic AHP or came with Smart Macros.

tom j

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 06:43:59 PM »

Got it I'll take a look Thanks!!!

Tom j

tom j

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 06:48:07 PM »

Say Oldtimer do me a favor and check out my pot "Adjusting Brightness Levels From Software" under help & troubleshooting and tell me what you think might be going on I'm stumped. Thanks!
Tom j

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.