Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Strange actions with lights  (Read 4173 times)

stoney

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Strange actions with lights
« on: March 27, 2011, 07:24:55 PM »

I'm using the 3.306 version of AHP and have the following setup

1 MS13A sensor in Master Bedroom
1 MS13A sensor in Office
1 TM751 in Master Bedroom
1 CM15A in Office connecter to computer.

Made simply macros to turn on lights when motion is detected and turn off after a minute unless more motion is present.

They seemed to work ok at first then when one light would go on, the other would too. One would go off and so did the other.
I looked into TOOLS > Find Other Computer section and practically EVERY square was colored one of the three colors all but
maybe 20!!

I thought this was extremely odd. I do have a few other devices but they are just lamp modules (some on timers and some just to
work with voice commands).

My first thought was that something was wrong with the setup and I removed and reinstalled everything again and after purging the
history and timers / macros in the CM15A. Now after looking again, I only had the number of devices which physically existed.
I then rewrote the macros and had everything working as they should.

The Find Other Computer now shows 32 devices with three or four to avoid (red). My lights will now either come on and stay
(not timing out and shutting off) or they don't come on even when I wave at the sensor!!

Anyone have some thoughts on this? Could it be I have a neighbor who also likes / uses X-10?
What 's causing all those non-existent devices to show in the Find Other Computer section?

Appreciate any help!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Strange actions with lights
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 07:38:32 PM »

Don't forget each MS13A can use two addresses. The motion address and the next unit code up for the Dusk Dawn Sensor.
Like motion on address M1 dusk dawn takes address M2.

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 09:07:20 PM »

I had the same situation for the past week ... getting strange results from my motion sensors  When I clicked on Find Other Computers it would show just about every unused position colored red or yellow.   I would clear the Activity Monitor (which clears the X10 Code Usage - Historical matrix) and after several minutes I would click on Find Other Computers and it would show almost every position colored again   I'm was running AHP version 3.306 successfully without this problem for several months.  I couldn't figure out what was wrong.

So this morning, in desperation, I downloaded AHP version 3.310.  For the past 8-10 hours the motion sensors are working fine.  And so far no unused positions in the X10 Code Usage - Historical matrix are colored.  So I don't know if the previous version of AHP got corrupted.  But so far things are working fine.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:27:38 PM by Don N »

stoney

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 05:20:28 PM »

I remember reading about the dusk to dawn sensor but had also completely forgotten about it. Hey...my brain is full of enough stuff and it's difficult to cram more stuff in the same place!! :D

Thanks for that and I am going to try the 3.310 version as well and see what happens!!

Thanks guys!!!

OK...Adding on to my posting...
I just downloaded and installed version 3.310 and all seems well!!

The odd thing is that I just checked in AHP and selected the Check for Updates. It acted as if it was checking (Just a ploy, methinks), and reported back to me that I did indeed have the very latest version (3.306)! Hmmm...pretty smart update feature....wonder how many others "THINK" they have or are running the latest version?!

I do appreciate you help!! Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:07:13 PM by stoney »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 08:53:38 AM »

The check for updates has been busted for awhile.
I believe it is on the to be fixed list from the programmers.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 08:58:40 AM »

The problem with the update feature in AHP isn't the software it is the X10 server and we all have heard the server stories.
I suspect AHP checks for updates the same as PCCompanion does and it looks for a update info file on the server.
 ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 10:17:04 AM »

Well by now you would think someone at X10 could fix it.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 12:35:49 PM »

It certainly would save the programmers some time sorting out old fixed issues from the new ones!  ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 12:47:48 PM »

It certainly would save the programmers some time sorting out old fixed issues from the new ones!  ::) :'

It would save US a lot of time sorting out old fixed issues from new ones, too!  ;)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.