Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How many PCs can I load AH Pro on?  (Read 1864 times)

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
How many PCs can I load AH Pro on?
« on: December 20, 2008, 01:45:03 PM »

I run it in the studio on my video machine which is power hungry and I don't want to leave it on 24/7.
BVC is something I would like to try but I prefer would run it from an old laptop or tower machine in the garage perhaps.

Am I going to have to shell out another $49.00 (I know, I know) and get yet another AHP / CM15 package, or has anyone reactivated
thier copy on another pc in thier home for different duties. I am aware that I would need another CM15 "Dongle" to do that.

Thanks,

:Ron

Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: How many PCs can I load AH Pro on?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 03:34:31 PM »

Call X10 with your previous AHP purchase info (purchase order number and the email address you gave them). X10 will gladly email you a new download link(s).

I run my Home Automation Computer in a corner in the basement (I call that my office). The Computer I use... I saved from the trash (an old P3) and upgraded with RAM I purchased [used] at a flea market. My HA PC runs AHP and BVC 24/7... and has for over 2 years. Because I am setup to use BVC "whole house" it doesn't really matter so much where the PC lives. Although I have recently acquired a couple of Ninja's (X10 deals) and just discovered how weak the CM15A's transmit RF is.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 01:35:40 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.