Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Recording lights and how x10 makes it soooo easy!  (Read 2115 times)

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
My Recording lights and how x10 makes it soooo easy!
« on: December 21, 2008, 09:56:00 PM »

Some time ago I was turned on to the fact here that a powerflash will accept audio as a trigger.
This opened up a whole world of goodies for me.

I have an extra line output in a 24 track digital audio workstation that I sent to the powerflash.
I had to increase the powerflash sensitivity by tweaking the input circuitry a bit but once I did I was able to send a tone to the powerflash when the workstation is in record mode, turning on any lights on its HC/UC. - sweet.

But moreover, if you remove the HC/UC dials from a lamp controller or appliance controller, they default to M-13. So I went about building lightboxes and buying commercial ones and building the controller guts right inside them.

It's so neat to be able to stick these up wherever I have power nearby, all set to M-13 and have them dance like marionettes to the record mode of the system.

I have one in the tracking room, in the enternce to the studio and portable light boxes that I can take with me on location.

I even put a powerflash inside an ALESIS ADAT portable recorder. And by sensing the record led with a paralleled opto isolator the ADAT actually send M-13 ON/OFF commands out of it's own AC socket turning on the portable record lights that I can set on a piano etc.

This is so cool.
And I'm not even using BVC yet!  rofl

And I hope I haven't told this story already.

Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: My Recording lights and how x10 makes it soooo easy!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 11:19:10 PM »

bitman,

Very cool!   8)

Get's a "helpful" from me!   >!

#:)
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: My Recording lights and how x10 makes it soooo easy!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 05:20:02 AM »

Some time ago I was turned on to the fact here that a powerflash will accept audio as a trigger. This opened up a whole world of goodies for me.

Using X10 to turn lights on and off remotely... or by timer is cool. But finding and using those lesser known and used X10 functions with a bit of imagination.... That's awesome! Your going to enjoy BVC and the things it allows you to do.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 02:04:37 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.