📝Reviews > Home Automation Reviews

Smarthome Lamplinc Essential 2000SC

<< < (2/2)

dhouston:

--- Quote from: Brian H on January 05, 2012, 07:33:15 PM ---I tried studying your data on dim and micro dim. Didn't quite jive with my results.
Maybe when you have a chance. You maybe able to make more sense of it.

--- End quote ---

That was all done using standard X10 modules so it doesn't surprise me that a Smarthome module might behave differently. You really need software that can send singles and a meter to accurately measure the module output as well as a 'scope to see what's on the powerline.

I'll try to redo those using a 2000SC module as well as a pre-Insteon 2000STW (I believe this was their first X10-capable module) and (when I get them back) a couple of Insteon/X10 modules (I forget the model number) that I loaned to a couple of people seeing the random ONs associated (apparently) with Duke's Smart Meters.

PS: There was a command-line program for the CM11A that you could use to send singles. I discovered this by accident when I tried to use it to send Dims in 1% increments and those below ~5% seemed to do nothing (according to my eyeballs). Dan Lanciani sent me on a quest to document this when he told me how the Dim doublets worked (without providing exact values). I used my Kill A Watt to accurately measure the increments.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version