Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Socket Rockets in Active Home Pro  (Read 4010 times)

t

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Socket Rockets in Active Home Pro
« on: March 09, 2006, 12:44:16 PM »

Hi,

I installed 2 socket rockets into 2 lamps in my living room.  When trying to control them from my computer (active home pro), I can not.  They only seem to work if I plug in a transciever and use another remote.

I plugged a remote chime into the same outlet as one of the lamps and I can control it from my computer (active home pro).  Does anyone know why I can not control them from my computer?

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: Socket Rockets in Active Home Pro
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 01:20:42 PM »

This is most likely caused by the signals from the CM15A not reaching your lamps in the living room. Try plugging the CM15A into a different outlet to start. You can also try moving the lamps with the Socket Rockets temporarily to see where you can send commands and where you can't. If you figure out what parts of the house you can send signals between, there are a few strategies for fixing the problems.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 03:46:40 PM »

Hi,

I installed 2 socket rockets into 2 lamps in my living room.  When trying to control them from my computer (active home pro), I can not.  They only seem to work if I plug in a transciever and use another remote.

I plugged a remote chime into the same outlet as one of the lamps and I can control it from my computer (active home pro).  Does anyone know why I can not control them from my computer?

Did you set the address on the Socket Rockets before putting them in thier permantnet locations and give that address in AHP?  Socket Rockets do not have code wheels, you have to set the address electronically before using one.  Use a desktop controller, hooked to an outlet with a lamp with the Socket Rocket with a bulb in itscrewed in. Send the same address 3 times, the SR should turn on. Write down the address you chose.  Repeat for all other SR's.

Put the Socket Rockets where you want them, then create them in AHP.  They should work.  I have 3 that are in my club basement and laundry room, all three were created at the same time, in the same lamp, then moved to their pemanent locations. They all work prerfectly.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

t

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 04:14:36 PM »

Ok, I moved it closer (same room) as the CM15 and it works fine.  One lamp is set to code a3.  Any ideas why my remote chime set to A2 chimes when I turn on the switch in AHP?

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 05:17:54 PM »

Most likely, you have both a SR and the chime on A2. If the chime can be reassigned, make it A(digit). If it can't be, reset one of the SR's. An SR can be set to any housecode/unit.

phorce1

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 03:35:55 PM »

I think you missed his point in his breif reply Dan.

Lamp A3

Chime A2

Plugged in to the SAME socket in ROOM A -- with CM19A plugged in ROOM B

CM19A will make the chime go ding but will not operate the lamp.

Move the lamp closer to the CM19A and it works fine.

Basically, the chime has a better circuit for working with weak signals -- it is also plugged directly into the wall circuit so has a better electrical connection. The socket rocket is screwed into a lamp base with a questionable connection. My guess is that wall-wart lamp modules (LM465) would work in the same location as the chime.

I don't know enough about what you'll need to offer tips but you need a better/stronger/cleaner signal to operate the socket rocket lamps where you plan to install them.

Gerald

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 04:56:32 PM »

As to Socket Rockets and signal strenght, my 3 SR's are downstairs in the Club Cellar and Laundry Room.  The CM15A is plugged into a special outlet 18" from the PC's desk by its USB cable. All three are on housecode "C" and respond promptly and correctly every time.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.