📸Cameras & Camera Software > Wireless Cameras(non IP)

Multiple Camera Reception Helpful Tips!

<< < (2/8) > >>

chinaboy:
Thanks, Mystyx & Tuicemen,  You guys are wonderful. I am actually using a long coax cable that is run from my bedroom TV to the living room where the receiver is located. The receiver is sitting on my RCA Stereo which is sitting on my big screen TV. I will go out and get extra piece of coax cable to extend the receiver from both the TV and radio and see how that works. Makes sense that there could still be power even if they the devices are still plugged in. I heard about a noise filter, do you think that could help any or is it worth buying. Thanks again for your advise. Maybe I too can give advice to others who continue to bash these poor X10 products. Not the best, but they sure are good enough for the price, once you get them setup correctly.

Tuicemen:
A noise filter is a good idea for your system  but in this situation it won't help as it only filters the noise on the powerline from a noisy device! We're looking at RF signal here. It is a good idea to have one (although I don't) for trouble shooting and to use if you find a device that is causing you difficulties! An other thing you may wish to look at is the coax cable. I found alot of the cheeper ones are bad for picking up noise  bad connectors is the main problem ! When you finaly nail it down let us know it may give some else a starting point and save then hours of looking! ;) :D ;D

Mystyx:
The Quality of wires (coax or RCA) make a big difference...  most coax single shielded, I use double shielded coax and one of mine is worn and cause static because the grounded shielding is broken from stepped on.

I think the world is up to triple shielded coax and RCAs that are normally shipped with internet.
the better the shielding the better it keeps the signals in and unwanted noise out.

for your system why not use the VT/VR 30 or 32 wireless audio/video transmitter/receiver, I use this to get everything from downstairs to the upstairs TV, it works different from the camera receivers and give a great clear picture, better then running long wires all over.

More then a 50ft (35ft even) cables will have a voltage drop / and signal loss (Db)

chinaboy:
Is the VT/VR 30 or 32 wireless audio/video transmitter/receiver a x10 product? I bought a wireless video sender kit, but it doesn't work or probaly I am not setting it up correctly.

Mystyx:
Yes X10 Wireless Audio/Video Sender Systems, should just need to make sure the code (1-4(A-D)) are the same for the reciever and the transmitter. should just hook up and work.
make sure the sender is on the system that sending the signal and reciever on the TV you want to watch on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version