💬General Category > General Discussion

SR227 vs Am486

<< < (2/4) > >>

Knightrider:
For full disclose, it was a Stanley module. Not sure of the age, but I've had it for quite awhile. It's on its way to the landfill at this moment.

Brian H:
I have a AM466 Date Code 09K48.
Had a bad solder connection on one of the outlet pins. If it was handling close to the fifteen amp rating. I could see it overheating.

bkenobi:
I woild have opened it up to see if there was an obvious cause, but since it's gone...  I agree with others that looks like a lose connection.  If it were an internal fault, I'd expect the rest of the case to be more damaged.  The damage is centered on the neutral pin and the black wire is not damaged.  The only other thing I could think of is bad routing and faulty insulation causing an arc from the hot wire to the neutral pin.

dave w:

--- Quote from: Knightrider on April 05, 2018, 07:04:41 AM ---It's on its way to the landfill at this moment.

--- End quote ---
Since X10 Authinx is making modules this is acceptable. However if Authinx were not around, I would say strip out the PC board an put it in your Halloween pipe organ. This is one of those "love ya man" comments.  rofl

Knightrider:
If it were a BSR, I would have. I still have more Stanley and Plug N' Power than X10. I didn't even know about the X10 sales site till I bought my cm15.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version