Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XPS3 goes off then immediately back on  (Read 3131 times)

Xaa

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
XPS3 goes off then immediately back on
« on: November 11, 2010, 11:15:14 AM »

Hi,

Just installed Xps3 and Xpss to control an overhead fluorescent fixture.  Both switches work flawlessly at the switch.

The unit responds to an X10 "On" command perfectly.  When issuing an X10 "Off" command, the unit responds with a click to turn it off immediately followed by another click that turns it back on.

I searched and found some others experiencing this "Double Click" phenomenon, but couldn't find a solution.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: XPS3 goes off then immediately back on
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 11:31:05 AM »

Sounds like the light maybe generating some noise. That is fooling the relay On or Off sensing circuit.

If you are careful. Try adding a 47K [47,000] Ohm 1/2 watt resistor from the Load to Neutral terminals on the XPS3.
Radio Shack has that size resistor if you don't have another electronics supply house around.

Patching a 4 watt incandescent bulb across the Load to Neutral as a test may also yield some information.

Someone here. Did have a fan making noise and turning one back on [may have been an X10 WS13A as it is basically the same] and the resistor worked.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:40:07 PM by Brian H »

Xaa

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 12:14:54 PM »

Thanks Brian,

I think I could patch the resitor, that's as simple as connecting it to the specified terminals on the switch right?  Seems the hard part then is getting it back in the box?

I don't know much about noise.  All of my other switches work in their respective zones without a problem (16 master and 13 slave).  There is only one other XPS3 though and that is controling a fan without this issue.

I'll give anything a shot.  I was worried because I could search and see peole having this Off then right back On problem, but I never saw anyone come back and say they solved it. :)

So I should go to RS and try to get that resitor in?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 12:38:38 PM »

Yes you should be able to connect it on the XPS3's terminals.
You maybe able to fold the leads a few times and push it through the second set of connections on the back. Keeping it close to the switch so long exposed wires could not short to something. Using insulation stripped from a piece of wire if needed.

Radio Shack is as good as any place to get them.
I believe $0.99 for five.

Xaa

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 12:50:00 PM »

It's worth a shot.  Last station in a 16 station upstairs setup for myself and wouldn't ya know I find a puzzle. :)

I'll try that resistor and absolutely post back the results.

Thanks!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.