🎭Entertainment > Entertainment General

UR41A

<< < (2/4) > >>

toasterking:
I'm using a Boston Acoustics/Philips TSU501, which is similar to a Philips ProntoNEO TSU500 with extra hard buttons, a tilt sensor, RF extendability, and a nicer shape and feel.  To control my X10 devices, it sends RF to a Philips RFX6500 RF extender (via an antenna in the attic) which converts it to IR, which goes to an IR543 into which I've installed the Laser IRAH kit for all-housecode control (so it's now an IR543AH).  I had to do some binary-level hacking to get the extra IRAH house codes into my remote since I couldn't find them for the TSU500/TSU501 formats.  It was worth it because I now have a very customizable remote with a touchscreen and lots of hard buttons controlling all my X10 devices as well as nearly every other device in my house.

This is another example of how, with a little bit of work, X10 is compatible with everything!  :)

Knightrider:

--- Quote from: toasterking on May 15, 2016, 11:25:51 PM ---This is another example of how, with a little bit of work, X10 is compatible with everything!  :)

--- End quote ---

Just a little.  rofl

toasterking:

--- Quote from: Knightrider on May 16, 2016, 06:37:40 AM ---Just a little.  rofl

--- End quote ---
The RF extender part wasn't actually necessary, but who wants to operate their X10 devices from only one/some rooms via line-of-sight? ;)
I select the X10 device to control from menus on the remote, but what I'd really like to achieve is to be able to just point the remote at the light fixture or appliance I want to control and press the keys for ON, OFF, DIM, or BRIGHT. It would require a more sophisticated control system for sure.

toasterking:

--- Quote from: Knightrider on May 16, 2016, 06:37:40 AM ---Just a little.  rofl

--- End quote ---
Now that I think about it, this remote can actually control a plain ol' IR543 almost out of the box with no funny business required; just download a configuration file from http://www.remotecentral.com and you can send unit and command codes to an IR543 via infrared.  I just wasn't satisfied enough with the stock behavior.  Line-of-sight and a single house code is boring.  :)

HA Dave:
A good remote control (one that works the way you want) is a good find... and worth a little (rofl) effort.

I recently setup a 120" fixed screen Home Theater (for friends) with all the normal equipment in a closet.

I am using a Griffin Beacon and an ipod to control the theater (also an iPhone). But the problem is kids tend to forget to set the ipod back on the charging station. Harmony makes a similar device that works via the home wifi instead of Bluetooth. I've been trying to get a satisfactory remote to work as an additional remote.... to avoid a table full on remotes laying around. Meanwhile... testing other remotes has increased my own remote collection.

I am hooked on working everything through my phone. I purchased myself a Griffin Beacon and use my old iPhone as my home theater remote now (with my current phone as a back-up). PLUS I still use my old Harmony-Logitech and the IR543 (I have a spare one of those too). The new Harmony remote I am using on the upstairs TV setup only.    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version