📱X10 WIFI > 🗯General Discussion

What the wm100 future holds

<< < (5/5)

normd:
I think I am going to dump this unit. I can’t afford to not have my light timers work after a power failure. Stupid design and waste of money.

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: normd on November 16, 2018, 10:19:21 PM ---I think I am going to dump this unit. I can’t afford to not have my light timers work after a power failure.….
--- End quote ---

I feel your pain. Like all X10 users... and all other technology hobbyist's and users….. I understand frustration.

Maybe someday.... X10 will provide an update the will turn the WM-100 into the device we'd hoped for. But for now.... most users will also need a controller of some sort that maybe has an on-line component for time(ers). But once/after you've accomplished/aquired the controller that handles timers and maybe macros/robots/routines/programs.... or whatever name is assigned to the presets...…. the WM-100 can turn your phone into one serious remote.

I know... remote control isn't exactly the same as automation. But it's nice to have a remote control handy too.

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on October 10, 2018, 06:03:45 PM ---True but Authinx needs to be firm with app quality just like the hardware.
--- End quote ---

Something I truly believe and have said many times;  If you can't fix it you don't own it...… you're just renting it from the repairman. It's true with Houses, cars, even bicycles..... and in-house technologies. In X10's case.... they didn't ever OWN the WM-100... they merely agreed to market if for its Chinese owners. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version