Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Exception Error when starting Active Home  (Read 5482 times)

systemdm

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
Re: Exception Error when starting Active Home
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 10:31:21 PM »

I always thought these forums were open to everyone world wide.  Just need to state what country you are trying to make X10 work in.....

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 06:00:56 AM »

Though we deal mostly with US and Canadian X10 devices.
We welcome folks from around the world.
Sometimes we don't have the same modules used but we will search as much as we can to help all users.

So ONE MORE TIME. Every X10 user is welcome here and will be helped as much as possible.
Anyone posting otherwise is incorrect!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 12:59:29 PM »

I'm a little bit confused about my current version. Hovering over the exe gives 3.0.0.308 (sorry about the typo), when I ask the version with the help it says 3.316. I live in the Netherlands, but didn't assume that could be relevant for this question.
It is relevant as X10 for European countries is different because of the electric differences. The US and Canada use 110 volts for lighting and our X10 equipment is built for us.  The X10 Forums are basically for the US/Canadian users but is you are from a country different please let us know in your initial post.

Yes, the hardware is different, the actual signals that get sent on the powerline do differ between the US/Canada version, and the other international versions of the hardware.
However, the software *should* be compatible. The different versions may list different module names and model numbers, but the commands being sent TO the CM15 (be it a CM15A, CM15Pro, etc) should be the same. The different international versions of the CM15A do the work of turning the "C5 On" into the appropriate powerline signals for that country's power system.

As it has been stated, the majority of the members on this forum are using the US/Canada versions of the hardware and software. Others are most certainly welcome, but should understand that there is limited user-to-user assistance available here for issues specific to other parts of the world. Again, it all depends on what the problem is.
However, Dan's suggestion is a good one. It doesn't hurt for us to know from the outset that a user is outside of North America.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 04:23:36 PM »

I know the Dutch Automation Forums. That covered many automation protocols. Went away a fairly long time ago.
There is an X10 section in this forum in the UK.
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbulletin/forum.php

If I find any other ones. I will add them.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 04:28:00 PM by Brian H »
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.