Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Updates  (Read 3838 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Updates
« on: December 01, 2012, 05:02:08 PM »

After you update AHP to a newer version, are you supposed to do a fresh install of your security system? I'm just asking because I've noticed that any version changes I make seem to wipe out my security modules in AHP. For example, my door window/sensors all get changed to Housecode A and a unit number, and none of them are configured/registered with AHP anymore. Even if I've backed-up my configuration, it doesn't help.

Is this normal?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Updates
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 08:56:28 PM »

After you update AHP to a newer version, are you supposed to do a fresh install of your security system? I'm just asking because I've noticed that any version changes I make seem to wipe out my security modules in AHP. For example, my door window/sensors all get changed to Housecode A and a unit number, and none of them are configured/registered with AHP anymore. Even if I've backed-up my configuration, it doesn't help.

Is this normal?

No, it's not normal.   If you have your .ahx files backed up, nothing should be changed unless you made the changes.  As long as I've had X10 even a change of computers doesn't change anything since I go to my backup files and copy them back to my copy of AHP.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

birdzeye

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 10:30:05 PM »

OK so are there any reasons why would AHP change my ds10a's to housecode A + unit code?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 08:22:17 AM »

There should not be any reason why AHP is changing house codes for no reason.  I've had X10 since the late 1980's and through all the years no module has ever had it's unit and housecode changed through three different interfaces.   Either something is doing it or somebody else is pulling tricks on you.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

birdzeye

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 10:30:38 AM »

Thanks, Dan. Now I'm worried. Either someone is hacking me, or they're getting physically into my house. This is really creepy.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 11:16:43 AM »

Rest assured, you are not being hacked or invaded.  I, too, have seen security sensors revert back to HC/UC units after a re-install, so it's not out of the question that am update would do the same. 

I'm pretty sure that a security type sensor has a HC/UC assigned to it internally in the software or hardware, as years ago, KDR discovered a way to access and change the HC/UC info as a back door access.  You can read about his findings by searching the forum.  He documented it well.

Just as a clarification to those reading this thread.  House Code/Unit codes weren't being changed in the Original Post, but Security Sensors were losing their encrypted code and reverting back to a Standard HC/UC.

Just re-install the sensors, and go on, keeping in mind that an update to the software may or may not put you in the same situation in the future.

That being said, I'm guessing that your security type sensors count towards your total of 256 units installed in the software.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

birdzeye

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 11:38:42 AM »

Rest assured, you are not being hacked or invaded.  I, too, have seen security sensors revert back to HC/UC units after a re-install, so it's not out of the question that am update would do the same. 

What a relief! Thanks Knightrider, I was really spooked there for a minute. You are of course absolutely correct! I managed to instal AHP version 3.318, and yet again my DS7000 reverted back to a HC/UC, although this time all of my other security components stayed intact---it was only the Security Console that flipped to a HC/UC.

Thanks for the info about KDRs post--I will try to find it! Thanks again for the extremely helpful reply!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 01:53:32 PM »

Security Sensors don't have a HC/UC. So I would also say AHP must assign one to each sensor.

birdzeye

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 06:21:17 PM »

While we're on the topic of updates, does anyone know if the "flooding" issue with x10 security system has been fixed, and where I can get instructions on how to use x10dispatcher to deal with this?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.