Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: IR Controller (IR543) turns light off, but transceiver (TM751) only turns it on  (Read 3073 times)

sir_rob

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I just put in a light switch (WS467) and I noticed that I can control it perfectly with the IR Controller (IR543), but when I try to control it via the transceiver (TM751) I can only turn it on (no dim or off response).  If this is this a noise issue then the light is receiving a strong enough signal from the IR Controller (IR543) but not from the transceiver (TM751) once the light is on a producing some noise on the line.  Am I missing anything here?  Any ideas?

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR

What kinda of light are you using?
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

sir_rob

Incandescent

I have another light switch very close to it that operates perfectly with both.  It also uses the same lights.

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR

Can you control your other modules with the tm751?

The ir control sends power line commands and the tm751 has to get a rf command and then turns it into a powerline command

Can you move the tm751 to the same outlet as the ir controller? maybe its noise on the curcit that it is plug into now. but I would think if you move it to the outlet where the ir controller is and it still don't work. It might be a RF signal not getting to the tm751.
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

sir_rob

I moved the transceiver (TM751) to a different outlet and the problem has cleared up entirely.  All of the other modules worked before the move, and they continue to work properly after the move.  I guess that circuit was barely operating when the light was off, but when it is on, the light provided enough extra noise to cause problems.  All is well now.

Thanks for the help.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.