Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Recycling?? Box of old controllers, switches, etc.  (Read 1932 times)

Jonniex10

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Recycling?? Box of old controllers, switches, etc.
« on: January 15, 2012, 10:34:19 PM »

I was one of the early adopters of X10 and in promoting it to make neighborhood houses to look lived in in a difficult neighborhood, I installed wall switches, appliance modules, lamp switches, motion sensors and even used the first burglar alarm system. Now that I have replaced most of the hardware I find myself with a box filled with 20+ old items. Almost all have been replaced because they don't work anymore.

What's the best thing to do with them? I would give them away, but I can't imagine anyone wanting the old brown controllers, or the old minis or "aggravating to program" clock controllers. Should I just put them in the recyclables?

Can anyone tell me what is appropriate.

Thank you.

J

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Recycling?? Box of old controllers, switches, etc.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 07:29:30 AM »

Give us a list of what you have in and see if anybody is interested in them.  The poster above your post did that and sold virtually eventing he had. 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 09:21:02 AM »

...Almost all have been replaced because they don't work anymore.
I don't know if anyone here would be interested in broken devices, but you never know.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 10:06:47 AM »

I don't know if anyone here would be interested in broken devices, but you never know.

Spare parts can be handy.  I had saved an old TM751 that died from a static zap to the antenna.  Recently the TM751 that shuts off power to our Onkyo receiver while on standby started making the multi-clunk, and would not switch off.  I thought the contacts had welded on, but it was one of the bumps on the nylon cam had broken off.  So I just stole the cam out of the prior defective TM751, and it is back in service again.  With some new X10 devices becoming scarce, there may be a market for old parts.  eBay...

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 07:31:50 PM »

I, for one, rather enjoy my hard to program clock controller.  I especially love missing the time by a single minute and having to cycle the whole 24 hours to get back.  PM me if you want to sell.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.