Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: convert wireless to wired  (Read 9852 times)

ignas

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
convert wireless to wired
« on: July 01, 2009, 01:46:47 PM »

Now I know that you can convert wireless to wired by using phone cable since this is a little bit confusing for me,can I connect only the video wire and connect it to RCA cable? any help? Thanks
 Black: Ground
Blue: Signal Return
Red: Power
Yellow: Video
White: Audio

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: convert wireless to wired
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 07:40:11 PM »

Now I know that you can convert wireless to wired by using phone cable since this is a little bit confusing for me,can I connect only the video wire and connect it to RCA cable?

Yes you can connect the video & return signal directly to a cable with an RCA plug. Phone cable is generally preferred when a long cable run is required; but not necessary.

ignas

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 08:32:52 PM »

Hi Puck, Thank you so much for the information you shared. Sorry for not responding right away I tried for my first camera and its work perfect.I have four camera outside my house so Im going to try later if its work four camera at the same time.Im using Vista Pro4 Server from Lorex and as I said its work perfect it records all the motion since this one no need a motion sensor its more simple than vanguard.
I'll let you know the outcome if I finish to wired all cameras,Hope this one solve the problem for most X10 owners since the vista Pro4 Server is quite affordable.

Ignas

tpraines

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 11:13:05 PM »

Covert a wireless x10 Floodcam to a wired camera?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone had any success in converting the x10 FloodCam to a wired unit?

I'm ready to trash mine because of all the interference. I have never gotten a clean usable picture...

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.