🖥️ActiveHome Pro > ActiveHome Pro General

On-line Ahx files and mcaro creation?

<< < (3/4) > >>

JeffVolp:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on February 08, 2018, 08:55:49 AM ---
--- Quote from: Knightrider on February 08, 2018, 08:17:02 AM ---I said that because I doubt the WM 100 has enough memory to store "if/and" macros

--- End quote ---
Originally the WM100 was to have much more memory then the CM15( not sure if that is still the case with the device limitations)
--- End quote ---

Yes, the WM100 has a vast amount of memory compared with the CM15A.  The STM32F103RCT6 includes 256KB of Flash memory (for firmware and the stored automation program) and 48KB of RAM.  The Cypress chip used in the CM15A has 8KB of EPROM for firmware and just 256 bytes of RAM.  The CM15A includes a separate 64Kbit (8KB) serial EEPROM for the automation program.

Bottom line is the WM100 has 16 times as much memory for firmware and the automation program, so memory should not be a limitation at all if it is being used efficiently.

Jeff

Tuicemen:

--- Quote from: JeffVolp on February 09, 2018, 07:38:36 AM ---Bottom line is the WM100 has 16 times as much memory for firmware and the automation program, so memory should not be a limitation at all if it is being used efficiently.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for that bit of info Jeff. I'm glad to see what was originally stated to me did in fact come to be! :)%
This is very promising as everything I originally asked for during testing is possible (except RF )
As is 90% of what users are looking for in the wish list section! :)%
I guess we just have to wait for the app to develop. ::) :'

dhouston:
There's also 2MB of flash memory and 50KB of RAM under the hood of the ESP chip. And, the ESP chip has NEC IR built-in so adding RF should be fairly easy.

Tuicemen:

--- Quote from: dhouston on February 09, 2018, 07:48:04 AM ---There's also 2MB of flash memory and 50KB of RAM under the hood of the ESP chip. And, the ESP chip has NEC IR built-in so adding RF should be fairly easy.

--- End quote ---
Things just keep getting better! rofl :)%

Tuicemen:

--- Quote from: Knightrider on February 09, 2018, 07:06:34 AM --- does it even store devices and timers locally?
--- End quote ---
yes
--- Quote ---Here's a test. Set a timer and see if it runs with the Internet disconnected.

--- End quote ---
I had done that prior to the initial release with success. but figured the firmware and app have been updated since then that that may have changed.
Testing just now revealed no internet connection is required for timers to work.  :)%
 >!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version