Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Installing Plug Ins?  (Read 3612 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Installing Plug Ins?
« on: June 19, 2011, 07:39:42 PM »

I recently lost my test computer with AHP and Plug Ins.
My present computer has AHP from a later purchase on it and it was registered with that order number. AHP was the only software for that order no plug ins.

After much searching I found the order number and a copy of the registration numbers for the older order. That had all the plug in included.

Opinions.
Do you think I can install the plug ins I want and use their registration numbers with AHP registered with a newer number?
Maybe better to backup the ahx files and start from scratch using all of the older registration numbers from the same order? Using Revo Uninstaller to remove all traces of the AHP now installed.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 07:42:20 PM by Brian H »

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: Installing Plug Ins?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 07:54:47 PM »

Brian,

I bought my plug-ins from outside vendors, and not the same ones. So, my registration looks something like this:

AHP : to myself

On Alert : Digitronix

Myhouse: tim forehand

and so-on ans so-forth

Infact, when I got the phone plug-ins, that was a totally different account number at x10, to myself.  My plug-in are very piece meal.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 08:21:30 PM »

Thanks for the information.
I may just backup my ahx files and use the latest individual plug in installers from the X10 software page.
I only want to reinstall two of the four from the original order. SmartMacro and On Alert. I have no use for MyHouse and IWhitness at the present time.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 07:06:18 AM »

Well I used the individual plug in installers and used the registration numbers from the older order.
All went fine and I now have the two plug ins I wanted to add.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 07:17:36 AM by Brian H »

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 09:59:28 AM »

I have a "master" install checklist procedure, which I use when setting up or rebuilding one of my machines (it happens more often than you think).
In that checklist, I have the serial numbers or install keys for (nearly) all of my programs.
I also have the registration keys for AHP and the plugins in that file. It makes the process a lot simpler to have it all in the same place.

In that file, I also have the steps to implement all of the "tweaks" that I like to have (file sharing settings, time sync stuff, other registry tweaks) so that I don't have to try and remember how I got something to work the way I like.

Given my ADHD, extreme organization is the only way for me to make sure things don't get lost. Some people say I'm too "anal" about things like that. Only years later, after taking an ITIL course, did I find out that this is not "anal", but rather "Configuration Management" ;)

ErikP

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 08:19:54 PM »

Just to verify for everyone :D

The registration numbers are not linked, so any valid key you have should work for a product or plug in's registration.  You don't have to use certain keys together just because they were bought together.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 07:02:59 AM »

EricP; Thank you for the information and clarification.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.