Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How Do I Save AHP Dawn & Dusk Delays?  (Read 4401 times)

herbashby

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
How Do I Save AHP Dawn & Dusk Delays?
« on: December 17, 2006, 10:29:33 AM »

I had no problem setting dawn or dusk delays with my old verstion of AH; simply entered hours & minutes and all worked properly. I just purchased AHP and when I choose dawn or dusk it automatically enters the appropriate time, but any delay I enter (minutes appear to be the only choice) that delay time changes back to "0 minutes" when I leave that screen and return. I can't find any "save" command.
Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug in the software?
Thanks for your comments.
Herb Ashby

delibaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: How Do I Save AHP Dawn & Dusk Delays?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 03:00:45 PM »

Herb, after you set the before/after minutes for either dusk or dawn timers you should see in the bottom right corner an icon that looks like a diskette and opposite pointing arrows.  Click the disk icon to save your changes and then click the arrows icon to download the timers into the CM15A.  See screen shot.

HTH,
DeliBaker

herbashby

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 04:17:03 PM »

Thanks very much, DeliBaker.
Herb

herbashby

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 10:13:13 PM »

Hi DeliBaker,
I learned about the save and download icons on the lower right. Unfortunately, the delay time still changes back to 0 minutes. Any other suggestions?
Herb

delibaker

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 08:22:28 AM »

I have AHP 3.206 and the dusk/dawn delay works fine for me.  You may have a corrupted configuration file.  Delete the old .ahx file and recreate your modules, macros, and timers in AHP.  This should fix the problem.

HTH,
DeliBaker

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 07:31:35 PM »

Unfortunately, the delay time still changes back to 0 minutes. Any other suggestions?

I had a similar problem.  What I found, was that if I typed in the minutes into the Delay edit box, even though it seem to be accepted, when I went back later, it changed back to 0 minutes.

However, if I used those up/down arrows on the right side of the Delay edit box to set the minutes, it "stuck".
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 08:20:05 PM »

I have 3.204 (3.206, which has been mentioned only comes with On alert) and I can either use the arrows or type the delay in the Timer setup when I first set the delay up. If I change the amount of the delay, I use the arrows.

For dawn/dusk delays, don't forget to set before/after with the radio buttons.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

herbashby

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 08:18:42 PM »

OK, the arrows seem to work, but it looks like I only have 60 minutes delay to work with. I need 2 to 2-1/2 hours. I tried to use a macro triggered by a phantom light timer set for dusk. Then added a delay macro to adjust the delay from dusk. But, the trigger wouldn't work by itself downloaded to the interface. Only worked if I manually triggered it from the software. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Herb

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 11:18:52 PM »

Why do you need 2 1/2 hours?  A standard timer can be set to turn on or off anytime in a 24 hour period.

Dawn, dusk timers go by the Dawn & Dusk times in the Hardware Configuration.

If dusk is 4:45 PM, a light with a timer can come on an hour before Dusk, or 3:45 PM.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

herbashby

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2006, 01:18:44 PM »

I need 2-1/2 hours because my schedule requires it. And my old version of AH handled this issue with no problem.

Solution: I discovered I can edit the .ahx as a .txt file. "36000000000" = 1 Hour, so "72000000000" = 2 Hours. Just need to do the math. Save and rename to .ahx . . . NBD

Thanks
Herb

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.