💬General Category > Archived deal news

PR511 Floodlight Deal

<< < (2/5) > >>

nybuck:
Poprocks - That does look nice.  I go for Cheap, though (always with a capital C)

That's why I'm here!   ;) ;D 8) :)

Brandt:
with the pr511 the only way your HA software will know if it gets triggered or if its dark where it is, is if you define three objects for it: its own unit code, +1 which it will send when it gets triggered, and +5 which will send depending on dusk and dark....kind of a hack...

It would be easy if it just sent its own house code when it went on, and be able to respond to acks/hails

Tuicemen:

--- Quote from: pomprocker on March 23, 2010, 12:27:45 PM ---with the pr511 the only way your HA software will know if it gets triggered or if its dark where it is, is if you define three objects for it: its own unit code, +1 which it will send when it gets triggered, and +5 which will send depending on dusk and dark....kind of a hack...

It would be easy if it just sent its own house code when it went on, and be able to respond to acks/hails

--- End quote ---
Maybe I'm missing something?  ???
I have two of these both can be polled from AHP for their status and AHP reports when they come on or go off!
Now if someone was to turn off the light from a switch  then back on from the switch it doesn't report itself as being turned on but a poll will report the correct status.
 >!

Brandt:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on March 23, 2010, 12:41:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: pomprocker on March 23, 2010, 12:27:45 PM ---with the pr511 the only way your HA software will know if it gets triggered or if its dark where it is, is if you define three objects for it: its own unit code, +1 which it will send when it gets triggered, and +5 which will send depending on dusk and dark....kind of a hack...

--- End quote ---
Maybe I'm missing something?  ???
I have two of these both can be polled from AHP for their status and AHP reports when they come on or go off!
Now if someone was to turn off the light from a switch  then back on from the switch it doesn't report itself as being turned on but a poll will report the correct status.
 >!

--- End quote ---

I'm not an AHP user so I don't know if it is doing anything on the back-end, I also don't know what settings you have for your pr511

Tuicemen:
Testing with A thirdparty software it is true it doesn't send a signal indicating it's address is on. One does see the device it triggers go ON and Off , if the software had a querry option you could check the PR511s status.
But as you stated:
--- Quote ---It would be easy if it just sent its own house code when it went on
--- End quote ---

it does respond to a statusrequest!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version