Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do I get my lights to dim all the way down in a steady way?  (Read 4035 times)

chrisrigby

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I have an IR543, a transceiver, and 2 lamp modules in my entertainment room.  I am using a Universal Remote MX900 as my control already programmed with the X10 codes.  Currently, I can turn on/off and dim with button presses, however any attempt to create a dimming macro has resulted in futility.  It is too difficult to time the button presses to get a nice steady dimming of the lights.  Is there a single button code that will dim the lights (at different addresses) in one shot?  I have a standing lamp at one address and a table lamp at another.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: How do I get my lights to dim all the way down in a steady way?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 10:34:57 AM »

I have an IR543, a transceiver, and 2 lamp modules in my entertainment room.  I am using a Universal Remote MX900 as my control already programmed with the X10 codes.  Currently, I can turn on/off and dim with button presses, however any attempt to create a dimming macro has resulted in futility.  It is too difficult to time the button presses to get a nice steady dimming of the lights.  Is there a single button code that will dim the lights (at different addresses) in one shot?  I have a standing lamp at one address and a table lamp at another.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Are you using the AHP?

It sounds (reads) like your controlling a home theater. I have a similar set-up for my home theater. . You could put both lamps on the same house/unit code, that would help. But for real IMPRESSIVE automated dimming create a macro(s) in AHP and trigger it/them through your remote...via the IR543.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 12:09:38 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 11:23:47 AM »

Replace your standard lamp modules with 2-way lamp modules.  Beyond the 2-way stuff, these have some nice little features, like a simple "off" command will result in a slow theater like dim down to off.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

chrisrigby

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 09:47:40 AM »

Thanks for the tip.  I've got the software disk and I'll give it a try. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.