Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Phantom commands  (Read 8547 times)

evaughan

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Phantom commands
« on: March 02, 2006, 01:31:15 PM »

The CM15A works great (now that an in-line phase coupler is in place), and the AHP software I think is very well done. I just have one, pervasive problem. I keep receiving phantom commands (e.g. All Offs) and the lights turn off when they aren't supposed to. In a given night, it happens at least 2-3 times. I have the activity monitor up, and I see the All Offs.

So,...is this a need for a filter? Or even better, is there a way to tell AHP/CM15A to ONLY issue commands and not respond to any?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Phantom commands
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 02:08:56 PM »

It is posiby you need a filter read Understanding x10 it may help with some questions.
It is posible other things are causing the multi sends perhaps someone else nearby has X10 as well you may need a blocker or you might just be able to move your setup to another House code. you can tell AHP which house codes to watch it is in the hardware configuration pulldown
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 12:58:19 AM »

I keep receiving phantom commands (e.g. All Offs) and the lights turn off when they aren't supposed to. In a given night, it happens at least 2-3 times. I have the activity monitor up, and I see the All Offs.

If the events are showing up in the Activity Monitor, then *SOMETHING* is transmitting them!  :o

Is your current setup small enough that you could:

• SAVE what you currently have
  • CREATE a NEW setup using a different HouseCode from the one where the ALL UNITS OFF are occurring

It is posiby you need a filter

Sorry Old Buddy - I don't agree with you here.  :-[

It is posible other things are causing the multi sends perhaps someone else nearby has X10 as well you may need a blocker or you might just be able to move your setup to another House code.

Changing the HouseCode is *MUCH* cheaper than buying a WHOLE HOUSE BLOCKER.  :D  I'd put my money there...
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 06:49:04 AM »

A try of a different house code may give some more details on the problem.
Any RF devices in the mix of components?

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 07:26:23 AM »

I had a similar problem with a light randomly turning on without being told to. Unfortunately it was a bedroom lamp and when it started to turn on in the middle of the night the wife acceptance factor went to %^$# real fast. Changing the house code took care of the problem for me. At the time I did not have the time to work through the problem but plan on getting back to it one of these days. If it was coming from outside the house it would have had to be a strong signal as my nearest neighbor is at least a couple of hundred of feet away.  :-X
_ _ ...  ..._ _

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 09:28:30 AM »

Or even better, is there a way to tell AHP/CM15A to ONLY issue commands and not respond to any?
Yes  I may not have been clear with this earlier,but then your remotes won't work! if you have all your homeautomation done with the pc and no remotes or motionsensors in the mix the you can go to the Hardware configuration and set all house codes so they don't transcieve then click update interface you can also do this for Just the offending housecode just check specific and unselect that code then update the interface
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.