Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Transceiver Module RR501 with european modules?  (Read 4295 times)

EB1BNZ

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Transceiver Module RR501 with european modules?
« on: December 17, 2006, 12:02:40 PM »

Hello.
I need help. I have bought for mistake, several modules MS16A ActiveEye Motion Sensor and a HR12A PalmPad Remote Control in the United States, and i live in Spain. The TM13G Transceiver Module that I have installed is European and does not recognize RF's sign. For what I could have read in the forum, the frequency of functioning is different.

I have thought that if I buy a Transceiver Module RR501 and I connect with a transformer of 220v to 110 v I will be able to use these equipments.
My doubt is if the orders that the RR501 sends for PLC will be admitted by other European modules that I have installed.
Thank you
Javi
I ask for excuses for my poor English.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Transceiver Module RR501 with european modules?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 12:55:25 PM »

Hello.
I need help. I have bought for mistake, several modules MS16A ActiveEye Motion Sensor and a HR12A PalmPad Remote Control in the United States, and i live in Spain. The TM13G Transceiver Module that I have installed is European and does not recognize RF's sign. For what I could have read in the forum, the frequency of functioning is different.

I have thought that if I buy a Transceiver Module RR501 and I connect with a transformer of 220v to 110 v I will be able to use these equipments.
My doubt is if the orders that the RR501 sends for PLC will be admitted by other European modules that I have installed.
Thank you
Javi
I ask for excuses for my poor English.

The PLC transmitted by a RR501 or TM751 is compatible with European X10 modules.   It may depend on the particular 220->110 transformer you use, but you will probably have to wire a 0.1 microfarad capacitor (with suitable AC voltage rating) between the primary and secondary "hot" terminals of the transformer  to enable the X10 signals to reach the power line.   (The signals will otherwise be blocked by the transformer.)  Note: If you do this, make sure you use a transformer and not the type of travel voltage adapter which is a switching power supply - the latter won't work and will most likely destroy the RR501 or TM751.

Somewhat more complicated is modifying a RR501 to work directly on 220V.  There is information about doing this at: http://www.idobartana.com/hakb/index.htm

« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 11:52:24 PM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 01:11:24 PM »

USA and Canada use the RF Frequency of 310 Mhz. European units use an RF Frequency of 433.92 Mhz. The USA ones will not work if your transceiver is the 433.92 Mhz type.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 01:55:13 PM »

USA and Canada use the RF Frequency of 310 Mhz. European units use an RF Frequency of 433.92 Mhz. The USA ones will not work if your transceiver is the 433.92 Mhz type.

I think the OP's idea is to buy a US model transceiver and use it (with suitable accommodations for voltage) to transceive the RF signals from the US components he previously purchased (and discovered they wouldn't work with his European transceiver).

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

EB1BNZ

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 02:25:28 PM »

I think the OP's idea is to buy a US model transceiver and use it (with suitable accommodations for voltage) to transceive the RF signals from the US components he previously purchased (and discovered they wouldn't work with his European transceiver).

Exactly. I want to use the us components with a transceiver compatible with its, and that injects the sign X10 into the electrical net. My doubt was if the orders X10 of the transceiver would be valid for the modules that already I have installed.

Surely I will realize the modification  indicated in http://www.idobartana.com/hakb/index.htm in a RR501 to work directly on 220v.

I hope that it works.

Thanks to all for the answers.
Javi
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 11:51:08 PM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 04:29:06 PM »

OK now it is clear to me.  ???

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.