Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can't Record over 30 Seconds  (Read 10145 times)

Res54cue

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can't Record over 30 Seconds
« on: January 11, 2007, 01:29:30 AM »

Can anyone record video to their hard-drive for more then 30 Seconds ?

If you can please tell me how!

The X10 techs are telling me it can't be done.... If that so why the hell have cameras in the first place....  Let me do the math that would mean one night (24hours) of recording would be 86400 30 second video clips ?  Their answer was for me to use avi joiner or merger. That take a hour just to join them together. I had 12 more cameras and a mutiplexer on order but I canceled the order... Let me see 16 cameras x 86100 clips = 1,382,400 video clips....  It's a shame really a pretty good camera paired up with some ****ty software...

I heard that the old version of AHP would make one big file.... If anyone has the old version please help me out.

Thanks

Tom

Billaban

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Can't Record over 30 Seconds
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 03:56:14 PM »

Greetings,

I have a wireless X10 camera that I received at Xmas but I haven't really played with it much yet.  Having said that the only limitation on file size is just shy of 4 GB for FAT32. There simply aren't enough addressing bytes to go beyond this limit. If I recall correctly this limit doesn't exist for NTFS but I don't recall the specifics.

More back on subject. I have used Microsoft Windows Media Encoder V9 to record from a video capture card getting the SVGA feed from another computer.  The files have been rather large encoded in WMV format and represent several minutes a data. The idea was for software demonstration fodder at trade shows and the like.  This works fairly well and you can could conceivably compress the video using a DirectX compliant encoder filter, e.g., AVI, MPG2, etc.  You can download the WME V9 from the Microsoft website for free.  Perhaps V10 (or V11) is now available. 

I'll try this myself sometime and post anything useful that I find.

deimos_anomaly

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 04:46:46 PM »

Here is a tip install some good video codecs ie. Xvid, or Divx, and tell ahp to record using these (tools - preferences). I use Xvid and can record over 1min per file with much less hdd space overall and the same vid quality. you can also reduce the vid from 640X480 to 320X240 i think this will add some time but not sure as I never tried it. Yeah i think it is dumb to not allow much more controll over how and where the files are stored, But from reading these forums it looks like trying to get some more user controll in ahp from X10 is like talking to a wall.

Deimos Anomaly

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 05:00:12 PM »

Res54cue -- In AHP go to Tools, select Preferences, select Video Settings, set Frame Rate at 10-12 fps.  I'm getting 5-8 minutes of continuous video recording on my PC.  Hope that helps.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.