Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Transcoding & security modules ?  (Read 7945 times)

Agent99

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Transcoding & security modules ?
« on: January 17, 2008, 10:42:39 PM »

I have read through many posts regarding the use of security modules with AHP & OnAlert and am more confused then ever. My situation is that I would like to use OnAlert to monitor some DS10a & Ms10a security modules. The problem is Even after doing the F con mod and installing an external antenna on my CM15a I have a lot of dead zones.
My understanding is that only the CM15a with OnAlert or a DS7000 can see the security signals. Ire there any Transceivers available that can be used with AHP/Onalert and security modules. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Dave
IF your not using BVC your missing all the fun

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Transcoding & security modules ?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 09:04:06 AM »

The V572RF32 (the 32-Bit one only) will allow you to transceive security modules into a standard X10 house code / unit code on the power line. Once there, AHP can see it and act on it.

OnAlert is not required for this, but keep in mind that this method removes the security from these modules since it converts them to standard X10 PLC signals.

Agent99

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 12:46:43 PM »

Puck,
I am aware of the v572RF32 but as you said this only converts the security modules to x-10. I am looking for a tranciever that can be used instead of the cm15a and with AHP so I can use OnAlert. So far it looks like thire is no such animal. I have too many dead zones with the cm15a to be reliable for security. My only option so far is to use the DS7000 but it does not work with or talk to OnAlert.
Dave

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 02:38:35 PM »

Dave: That is where the V572RF32 is very useful; when you have a DS7000 to take care of the security part.

I too have all my security done through my DS7000 and I use the V572RF32 for all the value-added features without relying on the CM15A's antenna or even OnAlert since a regular X10 macro can now be triggered by the security sensor.

There is no other interface that can run with AHP that will allow you to toss the CM15A. I now use my CM15As as just a powerline monitor by disabling the Receiver part of it.

Agent99

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 03:15:32 PM »

Thanks Puch,
That confirms what I had thought and yes I am weighing all the options of using OnAlert or just getting a DS7000. In many ways tying OnAlert to the Cm15a makes it almost useless for me. I may just go ahead and get the DS7000 even though my long range goal is to use an ELK alarm system. the DS7000 is better than nothing. I was hoping to get buy with OnAlert but it looks like its not a viable option for me.
Dave

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.