Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XPT Problem Please Help!  (Read 3816 times)

tmiles

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
XPT Problem Please Help!
« on: January 12, 2008, 03:52:58 PM »

I purchase an XPT transmitter with the XP4D keypad to replace a current switch in my entry way. I've set up the XPT to address A7 to control modules on A7, A8, and A9. I am able to control these modules from a CM11A controller that I am using for lighting automation for my entire house. The XPT doesn't seem to be doing what it's supposed to. When I press the "Off" button for what is supposed to be A8 it will turn on A7 and when I press the "Dim Up" button it will turn on A9. I am not able to turn anything off or dim anything. I've gone so far as to wire the XPT into the wiring that the CM11A is on and the unit does the same thing. Do I have a bad XPT unit or do I have a bad keypad? How can I test to find out?

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: XPT Problem Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 05:24:17 PM »

I purchase an XPT transmitter with the XP4D keypad to replace a current switch in my entry way. I've set up the XPT to address A7 to control modules on A7, A8, and A9. I am able to control these modules from a CM11A controller that I am using for lighting automation for my entire house. The XPT doesn't seem to be doing what it's supposed to. When I press the "Off" button for what is supposed to be A8 it will turn on A7 and when I press the "Dim Up" button it will turn on A9. I am not able to turn anything off or dim anything. I've gone so far as to wire the XPT into the wiring that the CM11A is on and the unit does the same thing. Do I have a bad XPT unit or do I have a bad keypad? How can I test to find out?

An X10Pro Product Bulletin warns about an incompatibility involving new and old versions of the XPT and Keypads.  Perhaps that's your problem.  See:  http://www.x10pro.com/pro/pdf/xpt.update.07.pdf

Also see topic http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=13887.msg76991

« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 05:29:44 PM by Charles Sullivan »
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

tmiles

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 08:07:16 PM »

Thank you for your response.

I looked at the documentation that you posted and found out that the keypad that I have does not match the XPT transmitter. The XPT has the "A" marking and the keypad does not. The remarkable thing is that I bought this from X10 as a package deal. You would think that as a package it should work right out of the box and whoever packaged the parts would know better. I will need to get a hold of customer service and see what they can do for me.

Thanks again!

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 09:03:01 PM »

Thank you for your response.

I looked at the documentation that you posted and found out that the keypad that I have does not match the XPT transmitter. The XPT has the "A" marking and the keypad does not. The remarkable thing is that I bought this from X10 as a package deal. You would think that as a package it should work right out of the box and whoever packaged the parts would know better. I will need to get a hold of customer service and see what they can do for me.

Thanks again!

Par for the course.  You obviously haven't been following this forum very long.   ;D

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.