Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP question about weal signal  (Read 3802 times)

garagedude

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP question about weal signal
« on: March 31, 2009, 09:45:43 PM »

Now that I've changed from Vanguard to AHP and everything is working I'm having trouble getting the 4 cams to stay working. I think its a distance thing since the two that goes blank and looses connection are about 100 ft. Which should I move closer(which would be outside) to get better reception? I'm not sure what everything is doing anyway. I have the TM751, CM19A, and the VR36A in the window. Does the 751 switch cams, the CM19A transmit, and the VR36A receive video?? I also have the CM15A on the floor, which I guess is for the modules inside? I could run the VR36A off a 50ft rca cable to get a more direct line to the cams? Or would it be better to just find a "booster" for the signal?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: AHP question about weal signal
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 06:56:25 AM »

The cameras have addressable power supplies and are controlled by a power line signal. They work in groups of four all on the same House Code. 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16. Turn one on the other three go off.
The TM751 and CM15A [AHP] controller can receive the RF signals from the CM19A to control the cameras.
You may want to see if the CM15A is also set to transceive the same House Code the cameras use.
The TM751 is not polite so if the CM15A send before it. They will collide.
In AHP you may want to see if the House Code you are using is set to be transceived Another quick test would be unplug the TM751 and see if any of the cameras still respond to the CM19A.

Others with cameras may have some transmitted picture tests you can do as the cameras send their picture to the VR36A.

garagedude

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 07:21:13 AM »

My cams and my 751 are set to house code d  on cams, how do you tell what the cm15a is on, it doesn't have a house code selection on the front of it?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 07:32:11 AM »

The CM15A is really on all housecodes.  It's AHP and how the modules are set up that need housecode and unit numbers.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

garagedude

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 09:01:22 PM »

I unplugged the 751 which was set on D, like the cams and the system is still working. Does this mean the CM15A is now doing the cam switching?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 06:48:40 AM »

Sounds like it is.
You set what codes it tranceives in AHP.
I believe it is in Hardware Configuration
Tranceived House Codes.

garagedude

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 08:31:44 PM »

Yes, it is. Which one will transmit the best signal. While setting all this up I noticed that the Eagle Eye motion sensors do not have a very good range to them. I had to get within 20 ft to get it to work.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 06:45:03 AM »

Many have found the CM15A has a poor RF reception range and a search here will find many modifications to increase the range.
I recently got a new design TM751 in a package deal and it is even much better than the older ones. Strangeset thing is the new TM751 has the SAME RF receiver board in it.  ::) My guess is the metal antenna that is longer makes the difference.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.