Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can't get any timers to work  (Read 2986 times)

GlennPT

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can't get any timers to work
« on: October 29, 2009, 05:23:43 PM »

This is driving me nuts. I can't seem to get any timers to work. I created a simple timer for a AM846 module (see attached picture) but it doesn't fire. Module works fine manually. I am running version 3.28 AHP. Made sure I updated the controller. Timer doesn't even show that it working in the activity log. I may not be the brightest person in the world (that what my wife says anyway) but this should be simple stuff. Any help would   appreciated.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Can't get any timers to work
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 05:50:13 PM »

3.236 is a KNOWN buggy version (why the suits at X10 refuse to read this forum and keep sending it out with new orders is unknown to anyone here) the best remedy is to go to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/ and look for ahp_updt_204.exe.  Download that and install it, it will replace 3.236 and not affect any timers or macros you have.  Once it is installed and all timers work properly, use the update link in AHP to update it to 3.228, the last known good version of AHP. 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

GlennPT

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 06:06:58 PM »

Dan,
Just tried that. No work. I don't understand why something this simple is not working. I have the activity monitor and program up and I see nothing when the timer is suppose to fire. Any new idea's

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 06:38:05 PM »

Try this: empty ahp's recycle bin, then clear interface memory, then download timers and macros
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »

Shorty after I first got AHP... my newest macro failed to work.

I did the normal clear interface memory, and re-downloaded. I emptied the recycle bin even unplugged the CM15A from power and USB as well as removing the batteries... to get a clean upload.

However I did forget to save the changes... which were: my newest macro. Now every change I make is a new AHP file name. I use year/month/DD and if I make additional changes on the same day... its a, b, c. Like this; 2009oct29b
Home Automation is an always changing technology

GlennPT

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 05:44:14 AM »

:)%
OK I figured out my problem. Like all good little Geek boys I had read the manual (doesn't everybody) but I must have read it in the dark because I missed the part about downloading the data to the remote unit. So once I did that it started work. As I always say "on error hit user and continue". So looks like I am back in business.
I do have a question while I have the floor. Because I seem to have conflicting answers in some of the post. Can I or Can I not fire a macro and/or smart macro with a timer. Thanks for all the help from everyone.

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 07:22:18 AM »

Yes you can fire a macro with a timer you only have the option to start macro.   On the macro icon you see the timer like other devices..   You would need to set a delay or turn each device off individually, for the off function or the reverse macro.
M M ElectricMan

GlennPT

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 06:19:15 AM »

Thanks that is what I figured.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.