Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SignaLinc™ Repeater not compatible with AH?  (Read 9452 times)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: SignaLinc™ Repeater not compatible with AH?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 07:33:21 PM »

The problems that were documented were related to the use of "relative dim" commands combined with a HCA02 repeater.  "Absolute dim" commands appeared to work properly.  Note that when you use the dim slider on the AHP Icons you are effectively using "relative dim" commands.

My experience with this dryer outlet plug-in repeater, was the opposite.  It was the use of "absolute dim" extended commands which cause the never ending firestorm of echos for me.

Absolutely the worse X10 device I ever bought, and the only one that was so hopeless, I returned it.   >*<
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 07:34:31 PM »

smitting nover the 2nd half is not how this syn repeater works:  I have them and it sees first full set of packets, waits about 1 sec then repeats it all.  it does cause me problems too  can see the major collisions on my monterey monitor.  it is better than nothing as I cannot cover all 3 buildings here (approx 500'x500' area) without it.  but gotta spend lots of time messing with programming and sending command, 3 sec delay, then again, 3 sec delay, then again and most times one of them gets thru the collisions this beast causes.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 08:43:51 PM »

I have them and it sees first full set of packets, waits about 1 sec then repeats it all.  it does cause me problems too  can see the major collisions on my monterey monitor.

Wow, that is certainly asking for trouble!

In addition to the likelyhood of collisions, there is also the issue of command sequence.  If another command slips into that 1 second gap, the result could be other than what was intended.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 10:40:24 PM »

I've noticed that delays in the macro sometimes help.  In fact I've almost put them in macros as a matter of habit.  I don't think any one here has satisfactorily explained why it's necessary to add them, but all I know is that it helps with reliability and function.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.