Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problems with x10 signal loss and Verizon FiOS receivers  (Read 3120 times)

x10inPA

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Problems with x10 signal loss and Verizon FiOS receivers
« on: June 28, 2010, 05:22:27 AM »

Has anyone had this problem since switching to Verizon FiOS?  Ever since I switched from Comcast to Verizon, half of my modules/switches won't turn on or off using ActiveHome Pro.  I have to manually use a plug-in controller.  I just ordered the plug-in noise filters hoping this will solve the problem.

If this doesn't work, I'll have to consider a phase coupler/repeater.

As an FYI, we have an extensive x10 system at home:  all switched ceiling fixtures, table lamps, outside lights, and at the holidays, my entire indoor/outdoor lighting display...about 35 modules and switches, and several more at the holidays.  I had to switch to the x10 Pro fluorescent lighting switches as we changed all the outdoor lights to compact fluorescent, but this problem existed before that.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Problems with x10 signal loss and Verizon FiOS receivers
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 06:11:36 AM »

The Verizon FiOS receive may have a severe noise maker power supply or signal sucker.
I would definitely try filtering its AC connection.

If your system was working with no phase coupling or a repeater. The X10 line signals may be low to start off with and the new electronics took it below acceptable signal levels.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.