Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Remote Chime Receiver PHH02 chimes at dawn and dusk  (Read 2459 times)

leepo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Remote Chime Receiver PHH02 chimes at dawn and dusk
« on: June 27, 2010, 04:07:19 PM »

I've set up a Remote Chime Receiver (PHH02) which receives a motion signal from an Outdoor Motion Sensor (MS13A) via a Transceiver Module (PAT01). The PHH02 chimes as it is supposed to when someone approaches the front door, however, it also chimes at dawn and dusk which is annoying. Both the MS13A and PHH02 HCUCs are set to F4.

I must be missing something... is it possible to eliminate the dawn and dusk chiming?

Thanks in advance. 

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Remote Chime Receiver PHH02 chimes at dawn and dusk
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 06:29:55 PM »

The MS13A has a dusk dawn feature.
If you are using F4 for the motion address.
Dusk and dawn are F5 and should not chime the PHH02 on F4.
It also chimes at dawn? Dawn should send an off command that the chime would ignore as it is always off until told by an on to chime.

I wounder if the light and dark changes are triggering the motion part of the sensor.
They detect motion by fast changes in detected IR temperature. Is the sensor in a place where dusk and dawn could cause a rapid change in temperature? Slow changes are adjusted to not be a trigger.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 06:50:07 PM by Brian H »

leepo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Remote Chime Receiver PHH02 chimes at dawn and dusk
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 01:03:55 AM »

I was over zealous stating that the chime was triggered by a dawn event as I haven't gotten up to actually verify this. The sensor is under an arch pointing back towards the front steps. Except for evenings, the steps are shaded by an arch supported roof. During the spring we would hear the chime sound later each day as the sun set later and later. Early evenings we also hear the chime sound, but no one has approched the house.

As you suggest, this behavior must be triggered by changing levels of sunlight which the sensor interprets to be human motion. I'll try locating the sensor in a different area hoping to negate this effect.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.