Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XPDF Sensitivity/reception?  (Read 2487 times)

sroberts

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
XPDF Sensitivity/reception?
« on: July 11, 2010, 08:49:37 PM »

When setting up 2 new sets of lights I used the LM465 standard lamp module as a "stand in" until I received the XPDF inline modules.    The LM465's worked fine when controlled by my CM11A, however the XPDFs did not.  I found the XPDF's fail to pick up signals from keypad transmitters too, unless the keypad transmitters are electrically "close" - even on the same AC phase the XPDFs are hard-of-hearing.   Any suggestions?  I'm not using a signal amp or repeater.

Steve

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: XPDF Sensitivity/reception?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 09:05:32 PM »

When setting up 2 new sets of lights I used the LM465 standard lamp module as a "stand in" until I received the XPDF inline modules.    The LM465's worked fine when controlled by my CM11A, however the XPDFs did not.  I found the XPDF's fail to pick up signals from keypad transmitters too, unless the keypad transmitters are electrically "close" - even on the same AC phase the XPDFs are hard-of-hearing.   Any suggestions?  I'm not using a signal amp or repeater.

Steve

XPDF's could be "hard of hearing", seems like there are a lots of forum questions that I think are factory QA-QC issues. However The fact that they do work when in close electrical proximity hints that you have noise and/or phase coupling problems.
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

Get a good repeater...your problems will go away.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: XPDF Sensitivity/reception?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 06:13:09 AM »

I wounder if they have AGC and noise is making them less sensitive to a weak signal.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.