Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Security Camera's, V572, Lights turning off and on, Rookie needs help  (Read 8588 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Security Camera's, V572, Lights turning off and on, Rookie needs help
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 04:23:10 PM »

Have you had a chance to test the latest TM751s. With the complete redesign?
Surface mounted controller chip and a daughter card that uses the same HiMARK RX3310A receiver chip as the CM15A.
Has a much better RF receive range than my older TM751s do.

The receiver daughter card is also the same one used in the SC1200A Console.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 04:25:09 PM by Brian H »

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 10:34:12 PM »

No, I have none of the newer ones. The RX3310A is a superheterodyne design while the older TM751 used a superregenerative receiver. There's no inherent reason why one would have better range than the other but the older design was rather crude with a PCB trace antenna. A recent 4 day stint in CCU has blown holes in my budget - as soon as I can I'll try to get a newer TM751 to evaluate. 
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 10:42:15 PM »

OK. This is good input. You are saying that IF two TM751s or a CM15A and TM751 receives the same RF command, they will not conflict?
I did not actually test the CM15A against a TM751 - I did test the RR501 vs. the TM751. Unless the CM15A waits for a certain ZC polarity, I doubt it would conflict.

Also, I have not tested the very latest TM751 which I understand has a better RF receiver. Still, I doubt it will conflict either.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Marshallrams

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 02:13:38 AM »

Well, I received the V572, set it up, and no change in making the 4th camera come in. It is so weird that using the palm pad, I can click on each camera, they all come in fine, but when I go to click on each camera in the ActiveHome Pro application on my computer or on my cell phone, only 3 camera's come in; the 4th one comes on but the picture is full of static, distorted, etc. The 4th camera will not come on unless I use the palm pad. I guess I will return the V572. X10 suggesting I buy a TM751 for each camera, so I don't know what to do. Do you think the RR501 will help? It appears it is a power line signal problem, and if so, what can I do about that?? Thanks for any help!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 06:35:13 AM »

You indicated you have a CM19A and not the CM15A.
That means AHP is using RF for control the cameras.

Did we try the palm pad in the same location as the CM19A?

Disconnect three of the four cameras and its associated TM751 and see if you can control the camera from AHP. Do the samething for each camera. To see if the CM19A's signal is reaching every camera.

When you tried the V572A. Did you remove all the TM751s that where installed?
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.