Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UM506 modules are flaking out on me  (Read 2668 times)

grahamk

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
UM506 modules are flaking out on me
« on: August 11, 2012, 01:13:40 PM »

I have 2 UM506 modules set up to control garage doors. Both worked perfectly for about a year. Then I noticed one of the garage doors seemed to open and close at random. Not good. Monitoring the power line showed no phantom power line commands - but I changed it to an unused house code anyway - the problem remained. So I unplugged it. 2 months later the other one is now doing the same thing.

Typical?

Does anyone know of a good replacement for the UM506? I'd like to keep the garage door automation, but a garage door opening and closing on it's own randomly is not a good thing....

Thanks,
 Graham

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: UM506 modules are flaking out on me
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 01:50:35 PM »

This module uses isolated contacts to control such low voltage devices as sprinkler systems, drapery controls, garage door openers, and yard lighting. It can be set for momentary or sustained contact closure, and has a built in chime.

Features: Rated a 5 amps at 24v DC

Is that what you are using if for.  Also are you running AHP?  The UM506 is there.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

grahamk

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 03:05:57 PM »

I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me here. I do know what it is and how to use it.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 05:50:02 PM »

The Insteon 2450 I/OLinc can have an X10 address added to it and be set to have its output relay be momentary. Default is two seconds. Can be set to longer or shorter if needed.
I know they are used in their garage door control kits but have not see any data on how they stand the test of time.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 05:59:41 PM »

So I unplugged it. 2 months later the other one is now doing the same thing.
I can't track this down right now. You will have to do it, but there is a ffrequent failure for UM506. I have fixed two. Search this forum for "UM506" and Google to see if you can find it. I recall replacing a cap.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.